Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

true

Quote:
The deck and stickers are not going to be the sole differences, from what my salesman told me.
This statement is true, but I've already tried to tell them. Can't argue with morons.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Where I work toro just gave us a 60" 26hp grandstand that has the same lifting arms as the exmark. Kawai seems to have changed the design of the engine. As others have said regulations have caused this. 60" grandstand is extremely powerful and it is pretty quick. seems about the same speed as a zero turn. Have not raced one yet ha
Old 11-11-2009, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallimeca View Post
This statement is true, but I've already tried to tell them. Can't argue with morons.
Yeah, look who the moron is. My contact at Toro has also confirmed this. So your salesman is wrong. Well the price might be different too. Before you start called people names you a**hole, you should know the facts.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I dont think anything will beat a walk behind on hills...I love using my wright stander every where else though...I love every exmark I ever had too so this should be a honey to own!

echo trimmers and blowers
lawnboy 20"
chevy silverado
16' trailer
2 employees
1 wife
Old 11-11-2009, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post
Where I work toro just gave us a 60" 26hp grandstand that has the same lifting arms as the exmark. Kawai seems to have changed the design of the engine. As others have said regulations have caused this. 60" grandstand is extremely powerful and it is pretty quick. seems about the same speed as a zero turn. Have not raced one yet ha
so is the 60" faster than the 48"/52"? We have two 52" 23hp grandstands and i won't say they are slow but they definitely aren't fast, something i hope they improve...

the exmark looks exactly like the toro so the performance should be very similar and if that is the case then the hillside stability should be excellent, i'm very impressed with the grandstands stability...
Old 11-12-2009, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
so is the 60" faster than the 48"/52"? We have two 52" 23hp grandstands and i won't say they are slow but they definitely aren't fast, something i hope they improve...

the exmark looks exactly like the toro so the performance should be very similar and if that is the case then the hillside stability should be excellent, i'm very impressed with the grandstands stability...
Talked to the Toro rep at GIE. My understanding is the only difference between the 60" and smaller grandstands is the size of the deck and engines.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

They have the same ground speed. I agree, it could be tuned up a bit. They are slow, but aren't fast.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

From what I've seen, the Toro unit was a good "first try", and they soon discovered some weaknesses (i.e. the deck lift assist cylinder, which was know to fail) THEN Exmark looked at the issues, fixed most of them and now you see those changes on BOTH Toro and Exmark units... like the "deck assist SPRING" instead of the cylinder!

It's all good!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilweeds View Post
They are slow, but aren't fast.
When I was a kid there was an old man that was a hotdog vendor near where I lived.... He would always tell us teenage boys the his weiner might not be long, but it sure was short. Similar to what you just said.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

can anyone tell me why I will want to stop purchasing my beloved 52/23 Turf Tracers and start running these ride-on units? I imagine my pricing can get them quite similarly so that isnt an issue. Speed isnt a factor either as the stand-on units can get the guys haulin'