Register free!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Member

agrotain or uflexx

My fert dealer suggested mixing agrotain, in my liquid apps. Anyone know if this is as good a product as the Uflexx urea?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejet View Post
My fert dealer suggested mixing agrotain, in my liquid apps. Anyone know if this is as good a product as the Uflexx urea?
Agrotain is a liquid product that keeps your Urea N that you add to the tank from volatilizing. Uflexx is a dry product that has the Urea N, the Ai of Agrotain plus another additive that keeps it from leaching as well as volatilizing. You will not have the same thing as Uflexx by mixing Urea and Liquid Agrotain. You would need a product called Hydrexx to accomplish that. It is a powder. You will have to price each product to see which is the best alternative. It may be better to go with Uflexx or Umaxx than to mix Hdrexx at the different rates with bagged Urea. All of these products are produced by Agrotain Corp. Hope I explained it well enough.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Member

It is new called Agrotain Plus, it has the urease inhibitors like keflex.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Ted, I got a price on Hydrexx looks like a very good price to me. I look forward to using it in 2010. From what I have read the new Agrotain PLUS has some of the same ingredients as Hydrexx, but I can't find out how much or how good it works.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejet View Post
Thanks Ted, I got a price on Hydrexx looks like a very good price to me. I look forward to using it in 2010. From what I have read the new Agrotain PLUS has some of the same ingredients as Hydrexx, but I can't find out how much or how good it works.
Teejet, Keep in mind the Hydrexx is just the 2 stabilizing agents. You'll still have to mix with Bagged Urea if you use it. I hope I was clear on that in my other post. Just want to make sure you understood. I just Use the Uflexx because its cheaper for me to do that than mixing Hydrexx and Urea. Nice thing about the Hydrexx is if you mix it at the higher rate it will be comparable to Umaxx. Good Luck with it. Glad I could help

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey teejet, what price did you get for hydrexx? It was way cheaper for me to buy UFLEXX than it was to mix urea and hydrexx. I cant remember the price except for a jaw dropping reaction to its price. It was several years ago, maybe the price is more user friendly now days.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARMIT COMMISSION View Post
Hey teejet, what price did you get for hydrexx? It was way cheaper for me to buy UFLEXX than it was to mix urea and hydrexx. I cant remember the price except for a jaw dropping reaction to its price. It was several years ago, maybe the price is more user friendly now days.
I had the same experience Varmit. Not jaw dropping, but about 10-15% higher than just going with bagged Uflexx. Usually it's cheaper if you have to bother mixing products to come up with the same thing as a single product packaged and ready to use...In this case, it wasn't.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I was told 10oz. of hydrexx to 50lbs urea= Uflexx, double that to make Umaxx. Hydrexx is 7 dollars per 10oz. It comes in a 10 lb. container.