Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2002, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ISO SAE Excavator controls

So, which companies make their excavators with the left control controlling the swing, and boom, and the right control for the bucket and dipper? I know kubota backhoes are like that, or they used to, I haven't run one for years. That's what I'm used to when it comes to the two controls and not three like case. But now that I drive a case 580b all the time, I'm much more confrotable using those controls.

Blake
WA
Old 11-24-2002, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Thats Johndeere controls if the boom up/down-swing is left hand and Dip in/out-bucket curl is right hand that is also standard backhoe controls.

Dip in/out-swing left hand Boom up/down-bucket curl right hand is Cat Hitachi Kubota controls I can run machines with the controls set this way.

Like I said in my post above the local rental shops Mini excavators controls used tobe perminatly set on John Deere and I had a hell of a time running it not use to it. I fixed the lever pattern control switch and I got the Cat control pattern to work I could do anything with the machine then.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Can someone tell me where this would commonly be found so when I rent different things I can search that option out? Thanks.
BRL, we have a Nagano brand mini excavator and the switch to change the controls is under the floormat behind a small door.

Guido, those stories, LMAO, I grew up on a farm with lots of bottom ground, I have gotten things stuck over the years.
Marc