Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Member

lookin good man. im also 16 and i have a chevy 2500hd with the meyer i love the meyer. good start. try getting rid of those echos and getting all stihls
Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
nice stuff !!!!,
my parents won't even consider the 2500hd, they think it's to big for me but i may of found a 2003 f-150 with a blizzard 810 on the front that i may be buying !. Are you going to get another toro mower, I may also be getting the new grandstand which is a nice mower but we shall see.
Thanks man, sucks your parents won't let you get a bigger truck, I love mine. My parents didn't mind. That F150 sounds good, but I don't know about the plow. That is alot of weight for a half ton. I believe the 810 weighs like 1100 lbs, my 2500hd squats a decent amount, I can't imagine a half ton. I would keep looking, a heavy plow like the 810 would destroy a half-ton. I don't know about another mower. I will definately be adding one next year, not sure which one. I really need something with a good collection system. I am considering a walker. Or I might add a stander(grantstand or wright) and get a trac vac for my wb. Not sure, i'll have to demo some machines in the spring. I would definately demo a few machines if I were you though.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Enforcer View Post
Looking good there! Post that speech, I'd like to read it. I'm doing a presentation at my old high school next week on operating a business at a young age, which should be a blast
Thanks man, I like your set-up too. I'm loving this nice weather, been getting a lot done. Have you finished leaves, I'm close to done. I'll post a link to the speech. Good luck on your presentation, I would love to do that.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM Inc. View Post
lookin good man. im also 16 and i have a chevy 2500hd with the meyer i love the meyer. good start. try getting rid of those echos and getting all stihls
Thanks, I like the echo's, but I might add some stihls to the set-up. As far as blowers go, I like the stihls, but for trimmers/edgers, I like the echos. My dealer carries both, which is nice. You should post some pics of your truck and rig some time.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the speech for anyone who wants to read it. I only have five mintues so I was limited with what I could cover. I actually took a lot of info from this site, especially Pro Cut's thread on how to fail in the lawn business. Don't worry, I cited sources so I won't get into any trouble for plagiarism. Let me know what you think. THanks.
-Peter
Attached Files
File Type: doc Leadership Speech.doc (27.0 KB, 84 views)
Old 11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice set-up man i am going to be 16 in january, you gotta a very nice buisness going there i wouldnt mind seeing the speech if you wnat to post it up here
Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBLawnBuster View Post
Very nice set-up man i am going to be 16 in january, you gotta a very nice buisness going there i wouldnt mind seeing the speech if you wnat to post it up here
Thanks man. I have been following your thread, I like your set-up. You will LOVE having your liscense in the spring, it makes thing SO much easier. What kind of truck are you looking for?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
Thanks, I like the echo's, but I might add some stihls to the set-up. As far as blowers go, I like the stihls, but for trimmers/edgers, I like the echos. My dealer carries both, which is nice. You should post some pics of your truck and rig some time.
I thought i liked echos till i got my first stihl. ill never go back. i have 3 running mowers now and im lokking at a tiger cub now. im pulling a 16x8 tandem with my 2500.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM Inc. View Post
I thought i liked echos till i got my first stihl. ill never go back. i have 3 running mowers now and im lokking at a tiger cub now. im pulling a 16x8 tandem with my 2500.
Nice, how many accts?? What mileage do you get towing, I'm thinking of a 16 foot tandem, I am wondering how bad my mileage will be affected, I'm guessing not very much but I'm not sure.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
Thanks man, sucks your parents won't let you get a bigger truck, I love mine. My parents didn't mind. That F150 sounds good, but I don't know about the plow. That is alot of weight for a half ton. I believe the 810 weighs like 1100 lbs, my 2500hd squats a decent amount, I can't imagine a half ton. I would keep looking, a heavy plow like the 810 would destroy a half-ton. I don't know about another mower. I will definately be adding one next year, not sure which one. I really need something with a good collection system. I am considering a walker. Or I might add a stander(grantstand or wright) and get a trac vac for my wb. Not sure, i'll have to demo some machines in the spring. I would definately demo a few machines if I were you though.
Well yea,
i think it's blizzards half ton plow on there, the guy that's selling it(dfdsuperduty on plowsite) looks like a good deal he's also throwing in a pallet of ice melt and a buyers tailgate spreader.