Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-16-2009, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
Nice, how many accts?? What mileage do you get towing, I'm thinking of a 16 foot tandem, I am wondering how bad my mileage will be affected, I'm guessing not very much but I'm not sure.
im only at about 27 accounts and 2 commercial. i have 19 driveways and 2 parking lots. and my milage cant be any worse. im about 70 bucks a week. im at 10 or 11 empty so im in single digits with a trailer. i dont have the 6.0 but those r tough and prob get better milage
Old 11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

im going to look at a 1995 2500 4x4 chevy truck tonight or tomorrow its got 145K and they want 3500 for it, i hope everythign goes good casue its exactly what i want! i will also be getting a meyers plow for anything i get!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
Well yea,
i think it's blizzards half ton plow on there, the guy that's selling it(dfdsuperduty on plowsite) looks like a good deal he's also throwing in a pallet of ice melt and a buyers tailgate spreader.
O so no wings? If it is the half-ton plow that is lighter, than I would go for it!

Last edited by slamjamrockinman; 11-16-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM Inc. View Post
im only at about 27 accounts and 2 commercial. i have 19 driveways and 2 parking lots. and my milage cant be any worse. im about 70 bucks a week. im at 10 or 11 empty so im in single digits with a trailer. i dont have the 6.0 but those r tough and prob get better milage
27, that's a decent amount for part-time. How do you do all that plowing, do you go once before school, then once after? How long does your route take?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBLawnBuster View Post
im going to look at a 1995 2500 4x4 chevy truck tonight or tomorrow its got 145K and they want 3500 for it, i hope everythign goes good casue its exactly what i want! i will also be getting a meyers plow for anything i get!
Wow, sounds good, be sure to post some pics of everything goes good. I would look at a western before a meyer though. Seems like almost everyone up here runs western.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBLawnBuster View Post
jeeze devin. u find all these old trucks with high miles. but i like that years body style. have fun paying 4 the gas. it sucks. and meyer plows r the best
Old 11-16-2009, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
27, that's a decent amount for part-time. How do you do all that plowing, do you go once before school, then once after? How long does your route take?
ya but i have 2 guys mowing. i get up around 3 b4 school and just drive staight 2 school when im done. u should consider getting rid of that blizzard. and nice bagger extension.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

nice, efficient setup
Echo SRM-210
Echo PE-200
Redmax EBZ5100
Old 11-16-2009, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM Inc. View Post
ya but i have 2 guys mowing. i get up around 3 b4 school and just drive staight 2 school when im done. u should consider getting rid of that blizzard. and nice bagger extension.
Ya I have considered it. I'm not crazy about going through the hastle of swapping mounts and all. It is way overkill for driveways, which is all I do as of right now. I wasn't even planning on plowing, but the plow came with the truck so I figured I might as well get about 10-15 driveways. In the future I Would like to do a few lots with my truck and blizzard, and have my buddy who works for me get a smaller western for driveways. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Ya I have considered it. I'm not crazy about going through the hastle of swapping mounts and all. It is way overkill for driveways, which is all I do as of right now. I wasn't even planning on plowing, but the plow came with the truck so I figured I might as well get about 10-15 driveways. In the future I Would like to do a few lots with my truck and blizzard, and have my buddy who works for me get a smaller western for driveways. We'll see what happens.
i hear ya man