The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I was just curious..

When can you post them? Or are you?
All in due time, I have a few pics on a few slide shows on YouTube already that I never posted here, and 2 more slide shows of 2 barn projects I have been taking pictures off from the start that will also make the cut.
So far I haven't gotten sh*t over the slide show, so I think still pictures are OK, but I am still laying low.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-17-2009, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Dam brothers..

and aww, how cute!

You gotta get us some pics man, Chris is slacking lately.
Btw, how long is your GN?
Slacking am I?? well after seeing ronnies thread removed, I've also begain to watch what I post. Now ya'll will still see 90% of what I do, but as we all know that 10% is on a need to know basis.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-17-2009, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Slacking am I?? well after seeing ronnies thread removed, I've also begain to watch what I post. Now ya'll will still see 90% of what I do, but as we all know that 10% is on a need to know basis.
Understandable, I was just messing with ya..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Understandable, I was just messing with ya..
My uncles cool with it tho, He watches all my videos and stuff. I've only been asked not to film something once, for reasons of course. I agree and am otherwise and free to do as I please at work.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-17-2009, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Loving my setup, I just did another tandem machine pull, mini excavator and Cat skid steer, what a trip, the 6.0 was very happy. But I need more chain though, I wedged the cat bucket under the blade of the mini and used 1 chain over the blade, sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.
I have been wondering more about a gooseneck setup, how heavy is your trailer? Would it be able work with my 550 size contractor box? I might be switching stuff around again and being able to haul two machines at once would be very nice.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
My uncles cool with it tho, He watches all my videos and stuff. I've only been asked not to film something once, for reasons of course. I agree and am otherwise and free to do as I please at work.
Thats cool.

Dad doesnt really care either, he just doesnt like me taking the time to set up a video camera, which gets old but my camera sucks so what does it matter?!

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I have been wondering more about a gooseneck setup, how heavy is your trailer? Would it be able work with my 550 size contractor box? I might be switching stuff around again and being able to haul two machines at once would be very nice.
My trailer weighs 7000 pounds empty, and its good for 20,000 pounds. Whenever I have the ZX27 and my Cat on it (combined weight of 17,000 pounds) the truck really doesn't complain much, only when I have to slam in in 2nd gear to get up the 14% grade back home and coming out of corners I use 2nd gear more.
Oh and the BD Exhaust brake is a god send.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
My trailer weighs 7000 pounds empty, and its good for 20,000 pounds. Whenever I have the ZX27 and my Cat on it (combined weight of 17,000 pounds) the truck really doesn't complain much, only when I have to slam in in 2nd gear to get up the 14% grade back home and coming out of corners I use 2nd gear more.
Oh and the BD Exhaust brake is a god send.
I would need to haul about 22-23,000. I'm thinking that's getting too much for a 550 even with a gooseneck. The Kodiak could handle it no problem but I want to stick with one 550 size truck for next year.

I know you had a picture on here when it was loaded with the mini and skid but don't remember where.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I would need to haul about 22-23,000. I'm thinking that's getting too much for a 550 even with a gooseneck. The Kodiak could handle it no problem but I want to stick with one 550 size truck for next year.

I know you had a picture on here when it was loaded with the mini and skid but don't remember where.
I remember, it was in his thread and avatar for a while..

I dont think that'd be to much, the 2003 F550 we've got at work yanks a 430D CAT backhoe around easy and its up there in weight. I wouldnt be scared to put a 5ton mini and full size skid behind it.

Quote:

Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I remember, it was in his thread and avatar for a while..

I dont think that'd be to much, the 2003 F550 we've got at work yanks a 430D CAT backhoe around easy and its up there in weight. I wouldnt be scared to put a 5ton mini and full size skid behind it.
You put a 440 with VTS(10,000) and a Tak 153(12,700) that puts me at about 23,000. I know with a gooseneck it pulls way better.