Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-19-2009, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I found this. Sounds like there are more headstones around your job location. Looks like a fun job.

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?ht...acinto&m=349.1
Keith, there is a Soritt Family Cemetery located northeast of Point Blank on US 190,just past intersection with FM 980,near Point Lookout Estates. It is on property owned by Arbett abd Ekkeb Kelley Jones, reached via paved road.
There is a Elisella J. Daniel b. 8-11-1839; d. 9-7-1918 age 79,
NFN Gindratt no dates known h Henry Gindratt;
G. Turner Sprott- b. 8-12-1872; d 5-7-1905; age 32.
John F. Sprott - b 10-29-1876; d 12-25-1910,age 34.
Kittie Sprott b 12-16-1874; d 1-18-1890, age 15.
Sally Currie Whitaker no dates known

I hope this helps you. Inf from San Jacantio Co. Texas Cemetery Records. I hope this helps you. Edward Brown- edwardbrown@sbcglobal.net

Keith the Sprott family cemetery is Located northeast of Point Blank on U. S. Hwy. 190 just past the intersection with F M 980 Near Point Blank and is reached via paved road. This was copyed from San Jacinto co. Texas Cemetery records A book of all the cemeterys in that Co. -Lillie

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for that good information ShawnH. Keep up the good work!

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Ksss the Trushhog was the high speed model. The drum is large and heavy so once it gets going it makes short work of 6 - 8" trees. Its got allot of momentum going which must be a big key in making a good mulching head. I haven't seen every head that's out but its got to be one of the best. The sales guy came out and took some video of me running it I will see if he can email it to me so I can post it.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnH View Post
Hey Ksss the Trushhog was the high speed model. The drum is large and heavy so once it gets going it makes short work of 6 - 8" trees. Its got allot of momentum going which must be a big key in making a good mulching head. I haven't seen every head that's out but its got to be one of the best. The sales guy came out and took some video of me running it I will see if he can email it to me so I can post it.

What teeth did your demo have? It seems they have an option for a chipper style teeth with the new high speed model. You can mix the teeth (with the standard asphalt cutting tooth)as well so the website says. I can convert mine over but I need a new drum and motor. I doubt that is cheap, the guy (Michael) at Tushogg was not even sure. I got a quote on a new one similiar to your number. If they would come down another 5K they would a little more competative.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
I found this. Sounds like there are more headstones around your job location. Looks like a fun job.

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?ht...acinto&m=349.1
Keith, there is a Soritt Family Cemetery located northeast of Point Blank on US 190,just past intersection with FM 980,near Point Lookout Estates. It is on property owned by Arbett abd Ekkeb Kelley Jones, reached via paved road.
There is a Elisella J. Daniel b. 8-11-1839; d. 9-7-1918 age 79,
NFN Gindratt no dates known h Henry Gindratt;
G. Turner Sprott- b. 8-12-1872; d 5-7-1905; age 32.
John F. Sprott - b 10-29-1876; d 12-25-1910,age 34.
Kittie Sprott b 12-16-1874; d 1-18-1890, age 15.
Sally Currie Whitaker no dates known

I hope this helps you. Inf from San Jacantio Co. Texas Cemetery Records. I hope this helps you. Edward Brown- edwardbrown@sbcglobal.net

Keith the Sprott family cemetery is Located northeast of Point Blank on U. S. Hwy. 190 just past the intersection with F M 980 Near Point Blank and is reached via paved road. This was copyed from San Jacinto co. Texas Cemetery records A book of all the cemeterys in that Co. -Lillie
Whats interesting to me is the lake wasnt built until 1969. If they were about 400ft over they would be underwater now. I was working just off of 980 by 190 but their was no paved roads by the grave site. The guy I was working for just bought the property I belive he said the pervious family had it for 3-4 generations and it used to run all the way down to the Trinity River my guess is thats about 3/4 of a mile further into the lake.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Whats interesting to me is the lake wasnt built until 1969. If they were about 400ft over they would be underwater now. I was working just off of 980 by 190 but their was no paved roads by the grave site. The guy I was working for just bought the property I belive he said the pervious family had it for 3-4 generations and it used to run all the way down to the Trinity River my guess is thats about 3/4 of a mile further into the lake.
It's interesting. I guess there are no surviving family members that want access to the cemetary? In Texas, a cemetary on private land must have an easement in perpetuity or something like that. I figured the landowner would have known and shown you. It would suck to mulch a grave marker..

Back to your thread, your cutting head was always of interest to me. Does it eject material a long distance without a trap door? Does it bog down much?
Oh, and the C series machines that were burning up were because of material (they think) sitting on the turbo or muffler and igniting. I had a 272c and didn't have any issues. I grinded with it for about 150 hours. I had the Holt brush mods installed. I liked the power of the XPS and the 90 hp motor but had cab and air issues that couldn't be resolved. I think you have a good setup.

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-20-2009, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
What teeth did your demo have? It seems they have an option for a chipper style teeth with the new high speed model. You can mix the teeth (with the standard asphalt cutting tooth)as well so the website says. I can convert mine over but I need a new drum and motor. I doubt that is cheap, the guy (Michael) at Tushogg was not even sure. I got a quote on a new one similiar to your number. If they would come down another 5K they would a little more competative.
I ran two of them one with mixed teeth and one with the standard teeth. I liked the mixed teeth setup, performance seemed equal to the standard setup but it would be alot less expeisive if you ever got into some hidden concerete or other debris. I was told if your working in an area like the Texas Hill country the mixed teeth setup is the way to go with all the rocks. Since I work in the Houston area and over into East Texas I dont have to worry about rocks just deep mud.

Your right about the price if they were 5k less I am sure thats would I would be running today. But we ended up getting a deal that was hard to pass up on the head I have now.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

YellowDogSVC I would say to keep from bogging down you have to be pactient with it but its not unbarable and does a good job. Jobs like the one on the Lake I posted that have alot of vines can get frustrating if your not careful. If you hit a cluster of vines in a bush or small tree they would just wrap around the drum and bring it to a stop. That would mostly happen when I was grinding and the tip speed would slow down so the vines around the hard wood I was grinding would just get sucked right in around the drum.

When your down low the debris coming out dosent go to far but when you reach up to come down on a tree it will really toss it out a fair distance. I was having fun a couple times watching how far out in the lake it was going since it was easy to see with the water splash.

I was thinking about bypassing the quick connets for a job I am starting Monday to see if I can tell a big differance in performance. Thats what we did for the demo on the Trushhog since they didnt have the correct fittings for the CAT at the Trushhog dealer. Another guy in my area that runs 297 drilled out the manifold and stepped up to larger quick connets. Makes sense if you look the stock setup dose look restritive.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
YellowDogSVC I would say to keep from bogging down you have to be pactient with it but its not unbarable and does a good job. Jobs like the one on the Lake I posted that have alot of vines can get frustrating if your not careful. If you hit a cluster of vines in a bush or small tree they would just wrap around the drum and bring it to a stop. That would mostly happen when I was grinding and the tip speed would slow down so the vines around the hard wood I was grinding would just get sucked right in around the drum.

When your down low the debris coming out dosent go to far but when you reach up to come down on a tree it will really toss it out a fair distance. I was having fun a couple times watching how far out in the lake it was going since it was easy to see with the water splash.

I was thinking about bypassing the quick connets for a job I am starting Monday to see if I can tell a big differance in performance. Thats what we did for the demo on the Trushhog since they didnt have the correct fittings for the CAT at the Trushhog dealer. Another guy in my area that runs 297 drilled out the manifold and stepped up to larger quick connets. Makes sense if you look the stock setup dose look restritive.
My cat dealer drilled out the coupler block or manifold in the 272c I owned but I didn't notice a huge difference over my bobcat or the 268b I demoed which, I don't think, had the drilled manifold.

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-20-2009, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So what did the owner say when you told him there was a grave yard on his property?