Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 11-30-2009, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Whats with you guys and brickman? Its like thers some sort of attraction that I cant figure out. The trucks are butt ugly and its sounds like they run the biz like wallmart. Yet every other month theres a new post about them i'd say some need to get off the brickman D***
Old 11-30-2009, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
and its sounds like they run the biz like wallmart.
Very good way to explain them!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Very good way to explain them!
and you said you worked there?? you obviously didn't learn much while you were there. brickman, despite what many of you think, usually tries to increase the market value when they get into an area, not bring it down by low bidding everything. they wouldn't be as large and successful as they are if they were lowballing every job. but.... they are big enough, that if they want a job bad enough, they can buy it by being cheapest the price. must be nice, huh?? maybe, instead of bashing them all the time, you all should pay attention to what they're doing out there, because it's obviously working, and there's about $700-800 million that prove it. just my two cents.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by afg View Post
and you said you worked there?? you obviously didn't learn much while you were there. brickman, despite what many of you think, usually tries to increase the market value when they get into an area, not bring it down by low bidding everything. they wouldn't be as large and successful as they are if they were lowballing every job. but.... they are big enough, that if they want a job bad enough, they can buy it by being cheapest the price. must be nice, huh?? maybe, instead of bashing them all the time, you all should pay attention to what they're doing out there, because it's obviously working, and there's about $700-800 million that prove it. just my two cents.
That's all well and good, but I'm not sure if you worked there or not. I wasn't referring to their estimating methods, just the overall way they run things. I'd like to see you get treated like a piece of garbage by your bosses and I'd like to see you have good things to say about them. I can tell you many stories about the way employees were treated at my branch. If you want some examples just ask. I shouldn't speak for all branches, but the one I was at was a joke. And lastly, I did learn some valuable things during my time there, but because I didn't want to take part in their "Brickman family days", weekend retreats, and being at their becking call every minute of my life....I decided it wasn't for me.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Who the f*** cares bro. And they cant be that big cuz they aint around here and in FLA everybodys down here tryna make a buck.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
Who the f*** cares bro. And they cant be that big cuz they aint around here and in FLA everybodys down here tryna make a buck.
actually "bro", they have 11 branches in florida. destin, j'ville, orlando, naples/ft. myers, ft. lauderdale, boca, west palm, etc.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
actually "bro", they have 11 branches in florida. destin, j'ville, orlando, naples/ft. myers, ft. lauderdale, boca, west palm, etc.
you ever work there? have any experience with them...just wondering since you know so much about them? no response to my comment?
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Member

When I worked for them we had A contract with Pfizer and in order to enter the property you had to take A test to get I.D card. Long story short the boss wanted me to write down the questions and answers so the illegals could get there I.D. needles to say I didn't stick around very long.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnels Grounds & More View Post
When I worked for them we had A contract with Pfizer and in order to enter the property you had to take A test to get I.D card. Long story short the boss wanted me to write down the questions and answers so the illegals could get there I.D. needles to say I didn't stick around very long.
Nice...more good examples of a quality company.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com