Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-01-2009, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
I haven't seen any of them around here.
There in olathe kansas which is about a 2-3 hour drive from you, they're also on the same block as davey tree, but they do some big properties like sprint world headquarters and some big hoa's.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
Whats with you guys and brickman? Its like thers some sort of attraction that I cant figure out. The trucks are butt ugly and its sounds like they run the biz like wallmart. Yet every other month theres a new post about them i'd say some need to get off the brickman D***
i guess you want people to want to be like south florida lawns and not brickman.. im sure you paycheck is equal to brickmans ceo? is your jet larger than theres? i think its pretty impressive on there part to get that big and profitable cutting grass... not saying they are a good employer or anything but its still impressive
Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
...its sounds like they run the biz like wallmart.
Hey, I happen to like wal-mart
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill19 View Post
I know i wouldnt want my rig to look like theres. Bad color scheme, plain, outdated, boring, and doesnt look that professional, Front fenders on the trucks look like they are slapped on there from a salvage yard. But they go for quantity not quality.
Lol at this....big time!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
That's all well and good, but I'm not sure if you worked there or not. I wasn't referring to their estimating methods, just the overall way they run things. I'd like to see you get treated like a piece of garbage by your bosses and I'd like to see you have good things to say about them. I can tell you many stories about the way employees were treated at my branch. If you want some examples just ask. I shouldn't speak for all branches, but the one I was at was a joke. And lastly, I did learn some valuable things during my time there, but because I didn't want to take part in their "Brickman family days", weekend retreats, and being at their becking call every minute of my life....I decided it wasn't for me.
Where did you work? Lakewood? That might explain a bit. If you were a super, your experiance might have been different. Having worked at one of the top 3 branches and spending time with some of the talent at Brickman, I can say that overall Brickman does things better than most. Are they geared for small properties that require micro management?...not at all. What the "bashers" don't realize is that they provide more VALUE to their customers (gernerally speaking) than just about ANYONE on this forum. They are capable of meeting just about any needs a customer could have. As far as the pricing goes...I can tell you (having priced many myself) that often times they are higher overall. I routinely had 50-60% gross margins with net being around 13-18%.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have an idea, if you aren't interested in participating in the thread DON'T POST.
If you don't get why people care so much about them, if you think their trucks are ugly, if you think they are lowballers that is great but why feel the need to post?
Let's keep this positive, there can be alot learned from Brickman, WalMart, McDonald's etc. They don't get that big from being crappy companies...they all 3 started from scratch.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Brickman is an intriguing company. I would love to meet one of there upper managers and pick there brain about the business and operaion. I am sure they have alot of innovative cutting edge ideas.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnangel1 View Post
Brickman is an intriguing company. I would love to meet one of there upper managers and pick there brain about the business and operaion. I am sure they have alot of innovative cutting edge ideas.
Nothing that any large business doesnt know.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Does Brickman provide snow removal?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
Nothing that any large business doesnt know.
Very few businesses in this industry are as large in size as Brickman. Maybe 3 others.