Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-01-2009, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Ent View Post
Does Brickman provide snow removal?
Yes, I have seen plow mounts of their trucks. Some one I know is pretty high up in the company (regional office) and I get my sod thought him. It's pretty cheap for around here and its good quality sod too.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes they do snow around here. They use tons of subs and pay them very well. All snow subs are paid with in 2 weeks.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Pics of a beautiful girl gets 5 responses on lawnsite.......
Pic of a brickman truck........ 50

Old 12-01-2009, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootoomootoo View Post
Pics of a beautiful girl gets 5 responses on lawnsite.......
Pic of a brickman truck........ 50

HAHAHA!!!!!! Got to love it. Maybe if my company gets big enough half of lawn site will love me as much as they love brickman. But you got to agree they do have an impressive operation.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

brickman is in my town there shop for that madder and they dont low ball that i know of
Old 12-01-2009, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Ent View Post
Does Brickman provide snow removal?
According to snowplowmagazine.com - Brickman did 53.7 million in snow removal in 2003. I recently read their last years income, but forgot where I seen it.

Take the time to read this....

The choice is yours...

Last edited by Screamin!; 12-01-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
Where did you work? Lakewood? That might explain a bit. If you were a super, your experiance might have been different. Having worked at one of the top 3 branches and spending time with some of the talent at Brickman, I can say that overall Brickman does things better than most. Are they geared for small properties that require micro management?...not at all. What the "bashers" don't realize is that they provide more VALUE to their customers (gernerally speaking) than just about ANYONE on this forum. They are capable of meeting just about any needs a customer could have. As far as the pricing goes...I can tell you (having priced many myself) that often times they are higher overall. I routinely had 50-60% gross margins with net being around 13-18%.
You got it. I worked in Lakewood and was a supervisor. What branch did you work at? I think that I might have been misunderstood by some. I never said they were a lowballer or that they provided bad service. The branch I was at was pretty sad though. I have seen some great work that the company has done as well as some mediocre work. I also didn't like the treatment of employees. Not just supervisors and laborers, but even superintendents and branch managers from the higher ups. I did however talk to plenty of guys that had great experiences at other branches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
I have an idea, if you aren't interested in participating in the thread DON'T POST.
If you don't get why people care so much about them, if you think their trucks are ugly, if you think they are lowballers that is great but why feel the need to post?
Let's keep this positive, there can be alot learned from Brickman, WalMart, McDonald's etc. They don't get that big from being crappy companies...they all 3 started from scratch.
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a lawn forum and that's what it's here for...to discuss things, both positive and negative. I am usually very positive on here, but if people have an opinion I think that it's not a problem to voice those opinions. These forums would be pretty boring if everyone was totally positive and agreed on everything.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 12-01-2009, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we had a guy in the company who worked for brickman for 7 years , moved and got a job with us , we found out he was bricman after about 2 seasons when he made it to a crew forman and began to drive a truck , ( driving record showed he got stoped for lights on a ranger ) when we learned this needless to say he got a raise and no longer drove a truck ,
Old 12-02-2009, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a lawn forum and that's what it's here for...to discuss things, both positive and negative. I am usually very positive on here, but if people have an opinion I think that it's not a problem to voice those opinions. These forums would be pretty boring if everyone was totally positive and agreed on everything.

You are absolutely correct, I appologize for the misunderstanding. I think that posts such as yours are great, they are part of the discussion.
I was more referring to the people that post bi*ching about how there is another Brickman thread or don't understand why people care about them. More of the 2-3 lined posts with every other word mispelled that bashes us for being interested in the company.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey now......you guys are soooooooo bad! How in the world do you leave out the other big one?..........................VALLEY CREST!!!!!!!