Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

our guys comment on this was brickman is setup to get the job it targets as what ever means ness. as long as it covers that locations cost and doesn't create a burden, they just make up for the loss in other ways
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
You are absolutely correct, I appologize for the misunderstanding. I think that posts such as yours are great, they are part of the discussion.
I was more referring to the people that post bi*ching about how there is another Brickman thread or don't understand why people care about them. More of the 2-3 lined posts with every other word mispelled that bashes us for being interested in the company.
Gotcha...sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
Hey now......you guys are soooooooo bad! How in the world do you leave out the other big one?..........................VALLEY CREST!!!!!!!
I've heard of them and believe I've seen them once or twice when I lived in Florida but never knew anything about them.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I see their trucks around here all the time. They mow my school, which is huge. they do a decent job though, and they pretty quick. Very interesting operation IMO.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Brickman's success isnt about quality or quantity or even pricing. They just have a whole different perspective about this industry and that is what I want to learn more about.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnangel1 View Post
Brickman's success isnt about quality or quantity or even pricing. They just have a whole different perspective about this industry and that is what I want to learn more about.
So what would you like to know?...and it IS largely on based on quality and price.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
You got it. I worked in Lakewood and was a supervisor. What branch did you work at? I think that I might have been misunderstood by some. I never said they were a lowballer or that they provided bad service. The branch I was at was pretty sad though. I have seen some great work that the company has done as well as some mediocre work. I also didn't like the treatment of employees. Not just supervisors and laborers, but even superintendents and branch managers from the higher ups. I did however talk to plenty of guys that had great experiences at other branches.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a lawn forum and that's what it's here for...to discuss things, both positive and negative. I am usually very positive on here, but if people have an opinion I think that it's not a problem to voice those opinions. These forums would be pretty boring if everyone was totally positive and agreed on everything.
I dont really post those kinds of details here. I guess you could PM me if you really want to know.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you guys really think brickman cares what you think about their way of doing business. For that matter walmart, McDonald's or any other fortune 500 company.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I understand volume discounting but it cannot be a ton. I want some hard numbers. What on average is a volume discount they get? 20 percent? I have a family member that worked for GM. So I can get a truck practically wholesale. Are you telling me they buy trucks way below wholesale???
Old 12-02-2009, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes ...they pay less than your family member. I dont remember the specs..its been 4 years now. The rental companies do the same thing...buy new at low prices and sell them with 12-15k for more or equal to what they paid new.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
I dont really post those kinds of details here. I guess you could PM me if you really want to know.
No big deal dude.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com