Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden's Own View Post
Sorry, one more thing. As for the comments made about Brickman not caring for their employees; that is why they have the employee picnics, family days, Christmas parties etc. I know that the hispanic labor force is very important to them. I went to Mexico on 3 seperate occasions on Brickman's dime to visit our H2B laborersin their homes, meet their families and see what drives them to work so hard. Needless to say it was very humbling as well as inspiring for me. Even if Brickman hadn't payed for my trips, I would have gone on my own. I am sorry for the young man who didn't have a good experience with his superintendent because I treated each of my guys like family.
I am impressed with your story of Brickman but a little confused at the same time. You spoke about Brickman's great treatment of employees and then you turned around and said they let you go to pay less to someone else. That's not my idea of treating employees good-makes company picnics seem very unimportant. Just my 2 cents.