Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden's Own View Post
Sorry, one more thing. As for the comments made about Brickman not caring for their employees; that is why they have the employee picnics, family days, Christmas parties etc. I know that the hispanic labor force is very important to them. I went to Mexico on 3 seperate occasions on Brickman's dime to visit our H2B laborersin their homes, meet their families and see what drives them to work so hard. Needless to say it was very humbling as well as inspiring for me. Even if Brickman hadn't payed for my trips, I would have gone on my own. I am sorry for the young man who didn't have a good experience with his superintendent because I treated each of my guys like family.
I am impressed with your story of Brickman but a little confused at the same time. You spoke about Brickman's great treatment of employees and then you turned around and said they let you go to pay less to someone else. That's not my idea of treating employees good-makes company picnics seem very unimportant. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I like your trailer, have any pix of it? Is it round tube steel. Is your truck just a 1/2 ton. Looks like your pulling a lot of weight.
It's a Big Tex 16 ft. The top rail is round tube, the rest is angle iron. White truck in the picture with Brickman in a 1/2 ton Chevy. I don't think it is overloaded, the rear springs sag easy so i have ordered a set of helper springs to correct the problem. The Ford in the pic above never drops, F350 with airbags.
Attached Images

2-TORO Z MASTER'S 25/62 JOHN DEERE 757 -25/60
LESCO Z2 25/60 TORO Z MASTER 19/52 SCAG WB/48
82 CHEVY 4X4 - MEYER'S PLOW- BILLYGOAT LOADER
83 F600- 9INCH DIESEL BRUSH BANDIT CHIPPER
8X24 SHADO MASTER V NOSE ENCLOSED
trailers -6.5X14 - 6.5X16 - 18 FT EQUIPEMET
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old oak lawn View Post
It's a Big Tex 16 ft. The top rail is round tube, the rest is angle iron. White truck in the picture with Brickman in a 1/2 ton Chevy. I don't think it is overloaded, the rear springs sag easy so i have ordered a set of helper springs to correct the problem. The Ford in the pic above never drops, F350 with airbags.
So thats a "Big Tex". It really looks like it is heavy duty. Man you got a lot of stuff on there.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry for the confusion. They do treat the employees very well, but let's face it finding someone to do the job for less money is smart business. Ultimately they like us all are out to protect the bottom line, especially in tough times like now. I am trying as hard as I can to not say anything too negative(I think that Big Brother Brickman may be watching).
Old 12-04-2009, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. They do treat the employees very well, but let's face it finding someone to do the job for less money is smart business. Ultimately they like us all are out to protect the bottom line, especially in tough times like now. I am trying as hard as I can to not say anything too negative(I think that Big Brother Brickman may be watching).
Why would you sign a no compete if you were fired???
Old 12-04-2009, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonpcat View Post
Why would you sign a no compete if you were fired???
You have to sign one when starting with the company. Mine just ran up last February. I'm officially out of the cult!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
"Smart business isn't everything." I wouldn't get rid of a good employee if someone came along to do it cheaper. Now if I had two guys applying for a job who were equals and one was cheaper........but that's a different story.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Member

“smart business isn't everything” ARE YOU KIDDING ME !?!you need to stop posting with a dumb statement like that
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2009, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpeoples View Post
“smart business isn't everything” ARE YOU KIDDING ME !?!you need to stop posting with a dumb statement like that
Posted via Mobile Device
You need to learn how to read! I was referring to "Smart business" in the sense of getting rid of employees w/o cause. Just ask all of the older employees who were let go just because of their age only to hire back someone younger who works cheaper. When that ever happens to you, you get back with us and tell us how you feel!!!!!! Now your comments don't seem so "SMART."
Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

No smart business means trying to make a profit. If that means using cheaper labor that's what you do. No one is in business just for fun. When I get to the point in life when someone younger can do my job I'll move on to something else. that's why you don't put all your eggs in one basket
Posted via Mobile Device