Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraman21 View Post
i cant tell you how much that drives me nuts we had our tank replaced and had to get it replaced again and ford wouldnt honor it cause we were 75 miles over the the warrenty cause it happened in southern ohio and we are located in northern and had to drive back. i cant stand ford at all.

Inregards to brickman charging low and under cutting the competition.. thats how they do it they take five years to break even they come in low but as the years go by they jack the price and end up higher then you and I they have been doin it for years and i honestly beleive my 300,000 dollar company with old mowers and beat up equitment can do a way better job
I must concur, in that picture above, the cut is good, but the stripes are terrible!!

And to the employee of brickman, you bring mexicans and pay them cash? I hope the IRS finds you.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Unfortunately the owner of Brickman is making more $$$ than all of us on this site combined.

Gotta be doing something right
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

http://www.brickmangroup.com/news/index.php?id=18

Shows that their revenue (not sure which year) is $500 Million. Just throwin out a number, 2% or so for a salary of the CEO is $10,000,000 plus bonuses, they are making more than that now but safe to say that $10,000,000/year beats pretty much everyone on the site. Some guy's businesses may gross that but in no way are their salaries that much.

As another said, they operate like Walmart. Dirt cheap prices and they make it up with doing many projects in an efficient manner. I'm going to college (freshman this year) and operating my business to one day take my business to the level of Brickman or that alike, that huge salary would be nice!!

Last edited by exmark614; 12-06-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, but is Brickman recruiting their employees from south of the border? Were you sent down there to give them paperwork to get them over here? I understand watching the bottom line, but hiring hundreds of border jumpers when there are more than enough LEGAL Americans that are starving in this country to give a job to. A typical mexican can work here for 6 months at $10 an hr and return to mexico and live like a king for a year. Don't fault them for wanting to work, but do fault the companies that hire them.

http://www.razorsedgelawn.com/
Old 12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket0313 View Post
I started at Brickman as a crew leader in nov 08, in july 09 I was promoted to maintenance supervisor(4 crews under me), and im only 20yo. I cant say i dont like working here it has it's up and downs like any other company. I like that my boss listens and takes my advice about how to improve efficiency. Last company i worked for everything was a**backwards. Now I make 4 times more money then other supervisors who work for local landscapers in Colorado, but I work alot more then them too. Youse should see the graveyards I mowed with 6 other guys, one place take 2 days with a 1/3 of the trimming only done. But still i would like to run my own company full time, right now just on the weekends.
mike hurry up and get your 10 posts in. i want to talk to you.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG69 View Post
http://www.brickmangroup.com/news/index.php?id=18

Shows that their revenue (not sure which year) is $500 Million. Just throwin out a number, 2% or so for a salary of the CEO is $10,000,000 plus bonuses, they are making more than that now but safe to say that $10,000,000/year beats pretty much everyone on the site. Some guy's businesses may gross that but in no way are their salaries that much.

As another said, they operate like Walmart. Dirt cheap prices and they make it up with doing many projects in an efficient manner. I'm going to college (freshman this year) and operating my business to one day take my business to the level of Brickman or that alike, that huge salary would be nice!!
Brickman's revenue for 2008 was around 615 million.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know for sure but that sure wouldn't suprise me if they had some illegals working for them. We run into a Brinkman crew all the time at the gas station.
None of them speak English.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado212 View Post
Just curious, but is Brickman recruiting their employees from south of the border? Were you sent down there to give them paperwork to get them over here? I understand watching the bottom line, but hiring hundreds of border jumpers when there are more than enough LEGAL Americans that are starving in this country to give a job to. A typical mexican can work here for 6 months at $10 an hr and return to mexico and live like a king for a year. Don't fault them for wanting to work, but do fault the companies that hire them.

Man we had one american work for us as a laborer but it was to much work not enough pay. Laborers start at 8.25hr(2009).7.50(2010) If you know any hard working americans willing to work for 7.50hr , 6:30am to 4:30pm, sweat breaking work by all means tell them to visit their nearest brickman branch.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket0313 View Post
Man we had one american work for us as a laborer but it was to much work not enough pay. Laborers start at 8.25hr(2009).7.50(2010) If you know any hard working americans willing to work for 7.50hr , 6:30am to 4:30pm, sweat breaking work by all means tell them to visit their nearest brickman branch.
I thought guys were making $15/hr.?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfbuilder View Post
Don't know for sure but that sure wouldn't suprise me if they had some illegals working for them. We run into a Brinkman crew all the time at the gas station.
None of them speak English.
Doesn't surprise me. I love that they are successful but don't like that they bring in illegals and such. I'm not trying to offend anyone but I do not hire mexicans, especially if they can't speak english. Just makes your company look bad. My guys are professionally trained and my company's motto is to put professionalism back into the industry. That being we keep ourselves clean and wear clean company shirts and khaki work pants/shorts for summer and brown work boots. I think we as owners should invest the money into shirts, pants/shorts, and boots for our employees to make our companies look professional, as well as keep our equipment clean. It looks like those brickman trucks haven't been cleaned in weeks. It's up to us to improve the industry and weed out the jockeys that are fat, don't shave, and wear ripped up t shirts.