Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 PM
miket0313 miket0313 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
Crew leaders and everybody above them make good money. Everybody under crew leaders well they dont.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 PM
exmark614 exmark614 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
I thought guys were making $15/hr.?
I think if that were the case, we'd be having to pay our guys that or more otherwise they'd be all flocking to them.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:49 PM
silverado212's Avatar
silverado212 silverado212 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincy, OH
Posts: 373
I know plenty of hard working Americans. They are not willing to work for that kind of money. I won't leave the house for that. The only reason the mexicans can do it is because they come here with nothing and live 10 to an apartment. Even without a vehicle payment a percon could barely if at all make it on $8 something an hour. But the way the economy is going there might be alot of americans begging for those jobs because they can't find anything paying better, because the CEO's want all the money and the workers to be poor. The theory of when your workers are starving they will work harder and more. Well BS
__________________
The human body has two ends; one you create with and one you sit on. Sometimes people get them reversed and thats when they need a good kick in the seat of their pants. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.razorsedgelawn.com/
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:01 PM
exmark614 exmark614 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado212 View Post
I know plenty of hard working Americans. They are not willing to work for that kind of money. I won't leave the house for that. The only reason the mexicans can do it is because they come here with nothing and live 10 to an apartment. Even without a vehicle payment a percon could barely if at all make it on $8 something an hour. But the way the economy is going there might be alot of americans begging for those jobs because they can't find anything paying better, because the CEO's want all the money and the workers to be poor. The theory of when your workers are starving they will work harder and more. Well BS
Without those evil profit loving CEO's, there wouldn't be any businesses. Including yours. Which ever truck or mower you use, there is a CEO to that company that probly has a multi million dollar salary. And to them giving workers poor wages? No offense, but look at the jobs they are doing, it's not mechanical engineering, it's landscape maintenance. To be a laborer, you don't have to have a lot of knowledge. I'm sure you as an owner make much much more than your laborers, therefore do you want your workers to be poor? You have to answer that. I pay my guys good wages, they however aren't 35 yr old men trying to feed a family, they are college aged guys that work hard and just need money to pay for school. I work them very hard, 60+ hrs in the summer and I pay them fair wages ($12/hr), I only have 2 employees and at this moment, I'd much rather have those two and I working rather than 2 crews doing a 35-40 hour week with 2-3 guys out working in that crew and they get paid dirt.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 PM
miket0313 miket0313 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado212 View Post
I know plenty of hard working Americans. They are not willing to work for that kind of money. I won't leave the house for that. The only reason the mexicans can do it is because they come here with nothing and live 10 to an apartment. Even without a vehicle payment a percon could barely if at all make it on $8 something an hour. But the way the economy is going there might be alot of americans begging for those jobs because they can't find anything paying better, because the CEO's want all the money and the workers to be poor. The theory of when your workers are starving they will work harder and more. Well BS
They dont live 10 to a apartment, brickman pays for their apartments. But I do know they carpool 11 to a minivan. Funniest thing you can ever see. You see a minivan pull up. You blink and there is 11 guys coming at you.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:18 PM
exmark614 exmark614 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket0313 View Post
They dont live 10 to a apartment, brickman pays for their apartments. But I do know they carpool 11 to a minivan. Funniest thing you can ever see. You see a minivan pull up. You blink and there is 11 guys coming at you.
Not really something I'd be proud of as a company....
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
exmarkman2760 exmarkman2760 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: gallatin tn
Posts: 17
We all wish we could be like them so stop hating on them.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
XLS XLS is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: southern middle tennessee
Posts: 2,038
Tommy G69 dont make claims like that , oneday you wish to be up there with brickman

we are far from brickman and we get ridiculed by some of these guys just for being this big , i dont know why they do it but its crazy and childish at best how some act toward the idea of someone bigger then someone else lol
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:45 PM
exmark614 exmark614 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
Tommy G69 dont make claims like that , oneday you wish to be up there with brickman

we are far from brickman and we get ridiculed by some of these guys just for being this big , i dont know why they do it but its crazy and childish at best how some act toward the idea of someone bigger then someone else lol
I aspire to be like them, however I would not import mexicans to work, pay em dirt, and ship em back.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
exmarkman2760 exmarkman2760 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: gallatin tn
Posts: 17
I understand the labor part but Im talking about how they operate as a company.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Page generated in 0.07307 seconds with 10 queries