Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

Crew leaders and everybody above them make good money. Everybody under crew leaders well they dont.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
I thought guys were making $15/hr.?
I think if that were the case, we'd be having to pay our guys that or more otherwise they'd be all flocking to them.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know plenty of hard working Americans. They are not willing to work for that kind of money. I won't leave the house for that. The only reason the mexicans can do it is because they come here with nothing and live 10 to an apartment. Even without a vehicle payment a percon could barely if at all make it on $8 something an hour. But the way the economy is going there might be alot of americans begging for those jobs because they can't find anything paying better, because the CEO's want all the money and the workers to be poor. The theory of when your workers are starving they will work harder and more. Well BS

http://www.razorsedgelawn.com/
Old 12-06-2009, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado212 View Post
I know plenty of hard working Americans. They are not willing to work for that kind of money. I won't leave the house for that. The only reason the mexicans can do it is because they come here with nothing and live 10 to an apartment. Even without a vehicle payment a percon could barely if at all make it on $8 something an hour. But the way the economy is going there might be alot of americans begging for those jobs because they can't find anything paying better, because the CEO's want all the money and the workers to be poor. The theory of when your workers are starving they will work harder and more. Well BS
Without those evil profit loving CEO's, there wouldn't be any businesses. Including yours. Which ever truck or mower you use, there is a CEO to that company that probly has a multi million dollar salary. And to them giving workers poor wages? No offense, but look at the jobs they are doing, it's not mechanical engineering, it's landscape maintenance. To be a laborer, you don't have to have a lot of knowledge. I'm sure you as an owner make much much more than your laborers, therefore do you want your workers to be poor? You have to answer that. I pay my guys good wages, they however aren't 35 yr old men trying to feed a family, they are college aged guys that work hard and just need money to pay for school. I work them very hard, 60+ hrs in the summer and I pay them fair wages ($12/hr), I only have 2 employees and at this moment, I'd much rather have those two and I working rather than 2 crews doing a 35-40 hour week with 2-3 guys out working in that crew and they get paid dirt.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado212 View Post
They dont live 10 to a apartment, brickman pays for their apartments. But I do know they carpool 11 to a minivan. Funniest thing you can ever see. You see a minivan pull up. You blink and there is 11 guys coming at you.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket0313 View Post
They dont live 10 to a apartment, brickman pays for their apartments. But I do know they carpool 11 to a minivan. Funniest thing you can ever see. You see a minivan pull up. You blink and there is 11 guys coming at you.
Not really something I'd be proud of as a company....
Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

We all wish we could be like them so stop hating on them.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tommy G69 dont make claims like that , oneday you wish to be up there with brickman

we are far from brickman and we get ridiculed by some of these guys just for being this big , i dont know why they do it but its crazy and childish at best how some act toward the idea of someone bigger then someone else lol
Old 12-06-2009, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
Tommy G69 dont make claims like that , oneday you wish to be up there with brickman

we are far from brickman and we get ridiculed by some of these guys just for being this big , i dont know why they do it but its crazy and childish at best how some act toward the idea of someone bigger then someone else lol
I aspire to be like them, however I would not import mexicans to work, pay em dirt, and ship em back.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I understand the labor part but Im talking about how they operate as a company.