Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
Yeah, you can say that again snapperman! We've had this account now for about 4 years now and we replace those flowers twice a year. But every year we seem to get faster at it. And its worth it. Money wise and how it looks.
I agree. Annual color is good money. Very high profit margins, and it makes your properties stand out.
Lesco application equipment

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some pictures of our catcher that we made ourselves. We put on this exmark sticker that exmark sent me. What do ya'll think
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Catcher looks good. That's a lot less expensive than a vac unit. Hope it works out for you.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, Oh yeah it picks up everything. Every single leaf. It is working out perfect for us.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like it is dragging-maybe just the angle of the picture. Great fabrication nonetheless
Old 12-07-2009, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have been wanting to put a drop on our trailer for a long time now. We finally got to it and started it this weekend. Reason for doing it is our phazer sometimes has a hard time getting up on the trailer. We gave it a 2 inch drop. All material is new. We will be using the old axles for another trailer. Here are some pics of the process. Oh yeah, we did them ourselves.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some more pics of our axle project.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2009, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Your work is awesome! It looks TOOOOOO hot for me tho lol. You are very professional and your set-up is great! I like how you do all your own fab work as well. Must save tons of $$$$$$$$$. How did you learn to do all the installs? I am starting my own business in March, just basic Property Maintenance to start, but I hope to get into the installs and hardscapes and plantings. Seems like your staying very busy. Good luck to you
Nick
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
Yeah, It cost money to install a nice sprinkler system. Even if you are doing it yourself for yourself. Are you buying your home or do you own your home. I would only install a sprinkler system if I was buying my house or own it. Right? Believe it or not we didn't know jack when we first started fooling around with sprinkler systems. Its all about learning on your own. At least that's how we did it. But don't get it twisted, I've put in my hours of reading and studying on flow control, psi, back flow prevention, designing, and a lot of other stuff. We were lucky enough to get to install a couple of system and use them as practice for some friends and family. At no charge for labor just the material and they were very good practice for us. I'll tell you your house would be a great practice for you.
I would def. try on my own house first. Maybe call in some help when it came to the valve and timer installation. I got a buddy in the irrigation business who may be willing to lend a hand. We'll see...

It is very nice not to have to pay someone an hourly fee for metal work. My neighbor is a metal fab/welder. He does all my projects and I help keep his yard in shape. Works out for both of us. I bought a rusted out home depot trailer from a guy. Scraped everything but axle and wheels. Paid $75 got $25from scrap yard. Paid @ $400 for metal from a buddy whose F-I-L owns a metal business. Bought lumber for floor and had a near brand new 7'x12' lawn trailer for @ $600. Not too shabby.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Property Maintenance Plus View Post
Your work is awesome! It looks TOOOOOO hot for me tho lol. You are very professional and your set-up is great! I like how you do all your own fab work as well. Must save tons of $$$$$$$$$. How did you learn to do all the installs? I am starting my own business in March, just basic Property Maintenance to start, but I hope to get into the installs and hardscapes and plantings. Seems like your staying very busy. Good luck to you
Nick
Thanks, I try to make our company look professional all the time. I take pride in our setup and I'm always looking and thinking of new ideas to better and make it easier to carry our equipment. The fab work we do ourselves because it saves us money and we actually love doing it. On our our installs, on how we learned to do them. You can say by doing them ourselves. I guess I'm saying we just got out there and said "here we go." I've read on sprinkler system and water pressure and zones. When I speak about zones I mean sprinkler zones. We have been fortunate enough to do some practice install for some friends and family as practice. And yes they turned out great. Good luck on your business in maintenance and landscaping.