Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Thanks guys -- 2 properties treated: 1) 880,000 SQUARE FEET + 2 ) 800,000 SQUARE FEET. (Total square footage = about 1700 K).

Just got these details from the applicator today. It took over 8 1/2 hours instead of the 6 1/2 I posted previously....(sorry, at least I try to be up front).

One guy, one pickup truck ---PERIOD. Didn't have to pull a trailer either......just a guy & his pickup truck. (with a little help from his ride-on sprayer/spreader).

Since this site seems to be a Z-Spray site, I won't disclose which machine accomplished this. Sad deal.........(in many respects)
Just wondering why the huge difference in numbers between what is posted here and what is on the latest Turfco flier I received in the mail.

The flier states you did 18 acres in 7 hours.....here you are saying over 38 acres in 8.5 hours.

??????
Old 12-27-2009, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

oh, we know how larry is! but that boom set up is really nice and would be great for the large areas. i cant remember though, larry, are you running 1/4 gal per K with that boom?
Old 12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't figure I would ever get a answer from him.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

so a ? for those who own one of these units,
could it be modified to operate fwd movement entirely
with the foot pedal?
when i test drove one earlier this year, i thought it might be
alot easier to have one hand free all the time
Old 01-07-2010, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi all -- we have sprayed up to one gallon per K with the boom. It's easily adjustable. Takes about 2 seconds to switch from 1/4 to 1 gpk (or more). Main reason we like the boom is for tall grass/weeds cuz you have to cover the weeds for a good kill. That's also when our 16 gal aux tank came in handy, but unless your spraying an overgrown property with tall grass & weeds, the boom is not necessary. IMO. (save your money and go with the standard 2010 T3000)

Foot pedal for fwd ---- We've been wondering that too cuz it would surely make a sweet unit even better. So far, no go. Next time we talk to TURFCO, we'll bring it up (again). I was told they tried it, but ........... I'll let somebody more knowledgeable than me answer this. But I'm thinking - there's gotta be a way.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbturf View Post
so a ? for those who own one of these units,
could it be modified to operate fwd movement entirely
with the foot pedal?
when i test drove one earlier this year, i thought it might be
alot easier to have one hand free all the time
The foot pedal is the Cruise Control or Speed Lock. Set your speed put your foot on it and then you have one hand for controls and one to drive with.

It is not interactive like a foot throttle on a car. We tried this and did not like it for several reasons. Lawns are far to rough to have your foot bouncing up and down all the time on a foot throttle and other safety reasons. So no it is not a speed control only a speed lock
Old 03-29-2010, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Opinion...

Could some of you experienced pros give me an idea of buying one of these T3000's vs just a plain old skid sprayer setup?

I'd like to move into a full time 1 man schedule. I look at this and I think about mixing and just spraying it all at one time with a skid sprayer, and I'm wondering what people prefer that have tried both? Do any of you mix fert/post, or post/pre in a skid sprayer vs this T3000 setup?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I talked to a local LCO friend this morning. Asked him if he ordered a T3000 (like he said he was going to do). Said he just got it. Pat told me it took him 5 or 6 days last year to get each app done, but he wants to grow the lawn application aspect of his business and be more productive. He will run the T3000 himself and he has 4 - 5 employees. They've mainly done mowing, snow removal, aeration, seeding, sodding/grading, and spring/fall cleanups in the past. He checked out our T's (and others) last fall and again this winter. I asked him why he needed a ride-on cuz he already had a small spray tank, a push spreader, and backpack sprayer. He said he could treat all his properties with a T, and he had extra money to spend cuz he made a killing over the winter doing snow & ice control. Pat is not a LS member, but I can give you his phone numbers if you'd like to speak with him (cuz it sounds like you are in the same situation). Just send me a "visitor's message".

Mixing fert & post? We use liquid fert + post in early fall in our spray trucks, but the ride-ons use dry fert + post......we prefer the "dry" slow release fert. We have just a handful of accounts where we apply just pre + post (liquid Dimension + whatever 3-way is needed) with our T3000's.

Hope I addressed your questions. Also hope others chime in. Best of luck, Larry
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can go a lot of places with a skid that you could never go with a T. I will never get rid of my skid sprayer I have yards that you could never do with a ride on. People build houses around here on really steep ground, they are nuts. But if you can do your yards with a ride on, then go for it. Good luck
Charles Cue
Old 04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

How much and are these now available for purchase to everyone?