Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-23-2009, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Interested in stone buriers

Hi,
I'm interested in a European technology that is fairly new to the U.S.: stone buriers. They are a type of tiller that buries stones, roots, and even existing turf under six inches of tilled soil, leaving the area ready for seeding. Most can be adapted to seed as they work, too. Has anyone here tried such a machine? How well did it work? Thanks for any experiences/advice. I don't want to invest in this tool until I have a better idea of how well it works.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in CT View Post
Hi,
I'm interested in a European technology that is fairly new to the U.S.: stone buriers. They are a type of tiller that buries stones, roots, and even existing turf under six inches of tilled soil, leaving the area ready for seeding. Most can be adapted to seed as they work, too. Has anyone here tried such a machine? How well did it work? Thanks for any experiences/advice. I don't want to invest in this tool until I have a better idea of how well it works.
I dont think this a very good idea i have seen them the stuff you bury will be pushed up from the frost to the top in time IMO Just use a rock hound and be done with it
Charles Cue
Old 12-24-2009, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in CT View Post
Hi,

Yes, it's called a Toro soil cultivator that attaches to the front of a mini-skid. They've got video on their web-site, it's been around for years.

It will bury everything as long as the stones aren't too big of course.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Tags
seeding