Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2009, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I fish cause I like it.

But go to canada yearly for Pike, Musky, Small Mouth, and walleye. But this past season I tried going for crappie and white bass. I missed the white bass run, but I had a blast catching some crappie from the shore. I hope you actually take the boat out this year for crappie 18'6" Triton.
2013 x2 Turf Tiger Kohlar 61" 52"
2013 x3 Sthil FS 100RX
2009 Sthil FS 110R
2009 x2 Sthil BR 600
2010 Stihl Chain Saw Farm Boss MS290 18"
2012 Stihl CHain Saw MS190
2008 Stihl HS 45 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl BG 85 Blower

2011 Kubota MX5100 w/ Loader and Brush Hog & Other Attachments

"If you are passionate and love what you do, you will never work a day in your life."
Old 12-27-2009, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
You could help a brother out and take him on a free of charge trip!

I like fishing when I can catch something, but I NEVER catch anything unless its in the pond..
haha well thats my expertise. My wife calls me the fish whisperer. hahaha Well if you want to learn, come up in the spring and i'll show you the ways. The best way to learn though and get good experience on the water is to join your local BASS club. You will learn alot from those guys and get to fish some tournaments.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
haha well thats my expertise. My wife calls me the fish whisperer. hahaha Well if you want to learn, come up in the spring and i'll show you the ways. The best way to learn though and get good experience on the water is to join your local BASS club. You will learn alot from those guys and get to fish some tournaments.
I know how to fish, I mean I bass fished pretty seriously for a couple years there. Throwing Bass pro and Abu Garcia bait casters. With one Abu Garcia spinner for the super light stuff. I was just starting to be able to find the fish on the lake under different conditions, when I really got into hunting. Thats been like 2 or 3 years now?

But when we'd fish, I'd put us on the fish. My buddy would be catching the hell out of fish, from the back of the boat. And I could be fishing ahead of him with the same lure the same way and I wouldnt even get a hit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I know how to fish, I mean I bass fished pretty seriously for a couple years there. Throwing Bass pro and Abu Garcia bait casters. With one Abu Garcia spinner for the super light stuff. I was just starting to be able to find the fish on the lake under different conditions, when I really got into hunting. Thats been like 2 or 3 years now?

But when we'd fish, I'd put us on the fish. My buddy would be catching the hell out of fish, from the back of the boat. And I could be fishing ahead of him with the same lure the same way and I wouldnt even get a hit..
Yeah, if my buddy was always out fishing me I guess I would look for another hobby also.

Just messin with ya Junior.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC View Post
Yeah, if my buddy was always out fishing me I guess I would look for another hobby also.

Just messin with ya Junior.
Only time I ever outfished him was on the pond. And that was bream fishing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 12-27-2009, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Only time I ever outfished him was on the pond. And that was bream fishing..
hahha I have the opposite problem. My friends always get pizzed at me for catching all the fish up front. They say i never give them a chance to catch fish. My father says it everytime. I try to explain it to them that its more about presentation. They dont believe me so i started giving the front of the boat to them and from the back continued to out fish them like 5-1. It was a good lesson for them to learn though. Presentation of the bait and the right bait is key.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
You could help a brother out and take him on a free of charge trip!

I like fishing when I can catch something, but I NEVER catch anything unless its in the pond..

MCFish... Count me in on the free trip I will be in Tavernier, FL at the end of January!! How about a Lawnsite discount at least????
Old 12-29-2009, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonpcat View Post
MCFish... Count me in on the free trip I will be in Tavernier, FL at the end of January!! How about a Lawnsite discount at least????
that would actually be fun. I would do a free trip for some lawnsite guys. Just pitch in a little for fuel.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 12-29-2009, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I tagged along on family fishing trips, but never acquired any mad skills. Somewhere packed away is a small rod and reel with 4 lb line. My favorite lure for lake fishing was a Rocky Jr.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I tagged along on family fishing trips, but never acquired any mad skills. Somewhere packed away is a small rod and reel with 4 lb line. My favorite lure for lake fishing was a Rocky Jr.
Never heard of a rocky jr. What is that? 4lb line? My lightest line is my ultralight i use for crappie or occasional 1" grub as a search bait. All 9 of my baitcasters have 12+ up to 20#. My 3 spinning rods have 12lb XL.

SOLO OPERATION