Register free!

Old 12-31-2009, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Groundskeeper Pro only costs $400, but ....
Stop being a cheap@ss and buy Real Green Larry!!!

(Have to give ya a hard time)

Honestly Larry, it is good software, there are a bunch of crybaby's on this forum, that's why it gets a bad rep sometimes.

When the ignorant rule, civilization is brought down to their level...
Old 12-31-2009, 02:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Right View Post
Stop being a cheap@ss and buy Real Green Larry!!!

(Have to give ya a hard time)

Honestly Larry, it is good software, there are a bunch of crybaby's on this forum, that's why it gets a bad rep sometimes.
I don't think anyone is dogging it. The bad rap it gets is just people being honest. Ray said it was a great program and it is good, as it should be. The owner of Real Green is a very successful businessman. He has been in the lawn business for many years. When he produced the program he knew what to give the lawn professional to help his business succeed. But he isn't looking out for you, he is looking out for numeral uno.. himself. I mean after you purchase their program, do you think he gives a rats azz whether you succeed in your business? I mean that is pretty obvious by their customer service

We run our business the way we run our lives. I strive to give my customers the best customer service, the service they deserve. I want to set us apart from my competitors. I also like to do business with people with the same philosophy. Just because something is cheaper, doesn't mean it is better. But the same goes for something being more expensive.. it dosen't mean it's better

I am just saying.. Research before you buy. That is a lot of money to spend. Perhaps I am biased, we purchased my program for alot less, it does just as much if not more, and we paid a heck of alot less.

Just my 2 cents
Old 12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi J. View Post
I don't think anyone is dogging it. The bad rap it gets is just people being honest. Ray said it was a great program and it is good, as it should be. The owner of Real Green is a very successful businessman. He has been in the lawn business for many years. When he produced the program he knew what to give the lawn professional to help his business succeed. But he isn't looking out for you, he is looking out for numeral uno.. himself. I mean after you purchase their program, do you think he gives a rats azz whether you succeed in your business? I mean that is pretty obvious by their customer service

We run our business the way we run our lives. I strive to give my customers the best customer service, the service they deserve. I want to set us apart from my competitors. I also like to do business with people with the same philosophy. Just because something is cheaper, doesn't mean it is better. But the same goes for something being more expensive.. it dosen't mean it's better

I am just saying.. Research before you buy. That is a lot of money to spend. Perhaps I am biased, we purchased my program for alot less, it does just as much if not more, and we paid a heck of alot less.

Just my 2 cents
Excellent post

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a general question(not realgreen specific) about mapping software. Does the software lay out the route so the truck is facing the right direction (ie. hose reel faceing the customers house) or does it route them in quickest order (ie. going down main st. some houses are on the left, some on the right, having to turn the truck around several times on the same street.)?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizine View Post
I have a general question(not realgreen specific) about mapping software. Does the software lay out the route so the truck is facing the right direction (ie. hose reel faceing the customers house) or does it route them in quickest order (ie. going down main st. some houses are on the left, some on the right, having to turn the truck around several times on the same street.)?
I'm not REAL sure about this.. I know I can set up the GPS to make only right hand turns.. Heheh
Old 12-31-2009, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayholio View Post
I'm not REAL sure about this.. I know I can set up the GPS to make only right hand turns.. Heheh
I knew this was a glitch with RG a few years back, you would have thought they would have fixed it by now

I know with my map point, it takes you the quickest.. really never thought about what direction you end up in

Old 12-31-2009, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizine View Post
Since RG integrates with Microsoft MapPoint, it is really more a MapPoint question than a RG question. I now use a Zspray, so it doesn't make any difference to me, so I don't pay attention. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I believe you could research MapPoint to find your answer.

When the ignorant rule, civilization is brought down to their level...

Last edited by Josh.S; 12-31-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Almost everytime, we spread dry fert (and spray when needed). So being able to park on the "hose reel side" (like the old days) rarely affects us. Lots of times, we try to park in the driveway so we're out of the way of traffic.....one advantage of using pickup trucks or carrier racks with ride-ons (thanks TURFCO). More importantly for us is the ability to park under a shade tree when it's hot, but I doubt there is any software that addresses 'shade tree parking'.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

We use a ride on (zspray) also, but you have to remember I am not up north. For round 1 and 6, the grass here is dormant. A fert/pre combo is a waste when the grass is dormant. These rounds are sprayed on by dragging hose most of the time or with the zspray if it will save time. Our trucks have a carrier rack for the z and have multiple tanks for mixes for both the z and the 2gal min hose. During rounds 2 thru 5 it is not a big deal to have the hose reel facing the wrong direction, as the grass has greened up and we usually only spot spray.

From my research map point only uses quickest route, no matter which side of the street the customer is on. Oh and all trucks have cold A/C, no shade tree needed.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Almost everytime, we spread dry fert (and spray when needed). So being able to park on the "hose reel side" (like the old days) rarely affects us. Lots of times, we try to park in the driveway so we're out of the way of traffic.....one advantage of using pickup trucks or carrier racks with ride-ons (thanks TURFCO). More importantly for us is the ability to park under a shade tree when it's hot, but I doubt there is any software that addresses 'shade tree parking'.
Larry,

Actually a carrier rack would be a disadvantate wouldn't it?

If you are hauling a RACK...you would still need to UNLOAD on the hose reel side. Doesn't your rack unload on the SAME SIDE as a hose reel.

I guess I am really glad because I unload out of the back of a box truck so I don't care which side I am on!

BTW...I NEVER NEVER NEVER unload on someones driveway unless I have to. If for some reason I were to have a line bust or spill something...I don't want it to be on their "new concrete" or "new blacktop" driveway. Because you know that is where it is going to happen!

Rule #1 is we always park on the street or along the road when we can! Also when you are then blowing off their driveway you can do a much better job if your truck isn't in the way!

Last edited by rcreech; 01-02-2010 at 12:19 PM.