Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-29-2009, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by procut View Post
I've been kicking around the idea of a dump truck sometime within a year or two. Something just under CDL, so about 24-26k GVW, like a F-650 or 6500 Chevy. I see them used all the time cheap enough, but I've been told the insurance costs are quite high, just curious. Thanks!
Procut,

With commercial auto insurance, the rates vary so much that it is hard to give you a ballpark figure. There are many variables that go into the rates. I would call your current insurance agent before you decide to purchase the dump truck and have them run exact quotes for you. That way you can decide if it is worth it. The more information you have about the value of the dump truck and the year, make, model, and other infromation such as who will drive it, the more accurate the quotes will be from your agent. They should do all of that quoting for free and then you can make your decision. We recommend that our clients contact us first before making decisions that will affect their insurance premiums so that we can give them accurate projections of the insurance costs.

Hope that helps...
Old 01-02-2010, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

these replies are plan stupid. "if it dumps its more"? call an agent. each insurance company has areas they specialize in and some dont want to give insurance to commercial trucks so they give higher rates. when i called around for my f550 17,500gvw, i had quotes 4-5 time as much as state farms wanted. they have, or had, great rates on commerical truck, horrible rates on personal vehicles. only you can find the answer by spending the time and calling around getting quotes. let me know if state farms was alot cheaper. good luck

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 01-02-2010, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

check out ur state farm policy they have low liability coverage I think mine was $50k in damage, I now have over $1 million with progressive and the same rate. State Farm is expensive and scewed me over in an accident. Lady hits me from behind, and they never pay out hospital visit.U can keep sate farm'