Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
That I dont know.. That would be something for Dad to answer..
if your dad could negotiate the rental price?? The machine may be sitting on the lot with no income for dealer.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have you priced the forestry package? I believe it's North of 5K.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

2,800 a week, thats WAY high when i first started mowing R.O.W. I rented a Posi- Track with the cutter for 3,600 a Month
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Okay. Plan C. 2800 a week @52 month=145,600.00 Even 16 weeks (4 months) is 44k. Those are not very good numbers. I would be looking for a used machine. Not a skid steer but a dedicated machine. I know where a Rayco 87 is with an added overhead cooling package for 30k I think, with head would be 60k. This would be a good startup tractor. It has the same flow and psi as a ASV-100. I tested it so I know.
This would eliminate the whole added forestry package for it is properly equipped. You will loose alittle manuverability but will gain in better durability. Plus this package with planier head will outcut a Bobcat and Bobcat head 2-1. Just my .02 cents
Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
if your dad could negotiate the rental price?? The machine may be sitting on the lot with no income for dealer.
When I called last about a T320, it was running $3,500 a week.. Dad talked to our salesman and he said he could do $2,800 sense its just sitting on the yard doing nothing..

I highly doubt Dad will go any farther with this. I'll ask him tomorrow if he's called the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
Have you priced the forestry package? I believe it's North of 5K.
A forestry package has to be cheaper when you price a $25k T300, with like lets say(just a pure guess) $15k in attachments and outfitting the machine. (Fecon and forestry package) compared to a $90k T320 already set up..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
When I called last about a T320, it was running $3,500 a week.. Dad talked to our salesman and he said he could do $2,800 sense its just sitting on the yard doing nothing..

I highly doubt Dad will go any farther with this. I'll ask him tomorrow if he's called the guy.
OK, thats an insane amount of money. Thats about 12k a month to Bobcat. I guess it all depends on what your doing and what you can get the bid for. The other option is brush hog all that you can, and hire someone to mulch what you could not get. You might find that you can clear the same amount of money without the risk or headache. Just a thought.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
OK, thats an insane amount of money. Thats about 12k a month to Bobcat. I guess it all depends on what your doing and what you can get the bid for. The other option is brush hog all that you can, and hire someone to mulch what you could not get. You might find that you can clear the same amount of money without the risk or headache. Just a thought.
I mentioned the samething to Dad and he was told the material that needed mowed was to large for a bush hog..

I just got home from work not to long ago and he's already asleep, so I'll see whats going on in the morning..

Quote:

Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I mentioned the samething to Dad and he was told the material that needed mowed was to large for a bush hog..

I just got home from work not to long ago and he's already asleep, so I'll see whats going on in the morning..
you could buy my s330 and put OTT tracks on it for less than that rentals comes out to over a couple of months. I would try and negotiate a bit.
Another option. Look at renting an s220K series or S250 or S300 and buy or rent a Davco. It will knock down anything you want up to about 6". Still need lexan but it is a lot less maintenance and the learning curve isn't so steep.

I wouldn't invest in a dedicated machine. You can make too much money doing side jobs with skid steer attachments. Grapple work alone pays well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=7027920

Look at what your neighbour has forsale for a pretty decent price.

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw