Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
That I dont know.. That would be something for Dad to answer..
if your dad could negotiate the rental price?? The machine may be sitting on the lot with no income for dealer.
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 AM
ioilyouin's Avatar
ioilyouin ioilyouin is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Illinois, no I do not live near Chicago
Posts: 707
Have you priced the forestry package? I believe it's North of 5K.
__________________
Happiness is a loving, caring family in another city. -unknown
Bad habbits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of. -Anonymous
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car. -Unknown
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
MackCat's Avatar
MackCat MackCat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 148
2,800 a week, thats WAY high when i first started mowing R.O.W. I rented a Posi- Track with the cutter for 3,600 a Month
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
DCsouth DCsouth is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14
Okay. Plan C. 2800 a week @52 month=145,600.00 Even 16 weeks (4 months) is 44k. Those are not very good numbers. I would be looking for a used machine. Not a skid steer but a dedicated machine. I know where a Rayco 87 is with an added overhead cooling package for 30k I think, with head would be 60k. This would be a good startup tractor. It has the same flow and psi as a ASV-100. I tested it so I know.
This would eliminate the whole added forestry package for it is properly equipped. You will loose alittle manuverability but will gain in better durability. Plus this package with planier head will outcut a Bobcat and Bobcat head 2-1. Just my .02 cents
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
if your dad could negotiate the rental price?? The machine may be sitting on the lot with no income for dealer.
When I called last about a T320, it was running $3,500 a week.. Dad talked to our salesman and he said he could do $2,800 sense its just sitting on the yard doing nothing..


I highly doubt Dad will go any farther with this. I'll ask him tomorrow if he's called the guy.
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
Have you priced the forestry package? I believe it's North of 5K.
A forestry package has to be cheaper when you price a $25k T300, with like lets say(just a pure guess) $15k in attachments and outfitting the machine. (Fecon and forestry package) compared to a $90k T320 already set up..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:57 PM
ksss's Avatar
ksss ksss is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rigby, Idaho
Posts: 6,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
When I called last about a T320, it was running $3,500 a week.. Dad talked to our salesman and he said he could do $2,800 sense its just sitting on the yard doing nothing..


I highly doubt Dad will go any farther with this. I'll ask him tomorrow if he's called the guy.
OK, thats an insane amount of money. Thats about 12k a month to Bobcat. I guess it all depends on what your doing and what you can get the bid for. The other option is brush hog all that you can, and hire someone to mulch what you could not get. You might find that you can clear the same amount of money without the risk or headache. Just a thought.
__________________
See us at www.kaiserskidsteer.com

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
OK, thats an insane amount of money. Thats about 12k a month to Bobcat. I guess it all depends on what your doing and what you can get the bid for. The other option is brush hog all that you can, and hire someone to mulch what you could not get. You might find that you can clear the same amount of money without the risk or headache. Just a thought.
I mentioned the samething to Dad and he was told the material that needed mowed was to large for a bush hog..

I just got home from work not to long ago and he's already asleep, so I'll see whats going on in the morning..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I mentioned the samething to Dad and he was told the material that needed mowed was to large for a bush hog..

I just got home from work not to long ago and he's already asleep, so I'll see whats going on in the morning..
you could buy my s330 and put OTT tracks on it for less than that rentals comes out to over a couple of months. I would try and negotiate a bit.
Another option. Look at renting an s220K series or S250 or S300 and buy or rent a Davco. It will knock down anything you want up to about 6". Still need lexan but it is a lot less maintenance and the learning curve isn't so steep.

I wouldn't invest in a dedicated machine. You can make too much money doing side jobs with skid steer attachments. Grapple work alone pays well.
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM
AEL's Avatar
AEL AEL is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,590
http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=7027920

Look at what your neighbour has forsale for a pretty decent price.
__________________
Sean

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Page generated in 0.10174 seconds with 9 queries