Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

or get this killer deal on machine

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=7048041

And this good deal on the cutter head and safety kit

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=7045965

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 01-12-2010, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
you could buy my s330 and put OTT tracks on it for less than that rentals comes out to over a couple of months. I would try and negotiate a bit.
Another option. Look at renting an s220K series or S250 or S300 and buy or rent a Davco. It will knock down anything you want up to about 6". Still need lexan but it is a lot less maintenance and the learning curve isn't so steep.

I wouldn't invest in a dedicated machine. You can make too much money doing side jobs with skid steer attachments. Grapple work alone pays well.
I mentioned a wheeled machine to Dad and he didnt seem to excited..

I'll check it out.. The only problem I see, they dont rent machines with cabs. Maybe we can figure something out though..

And I didnt plan on a dedicated machine. If we went with a dedicated machine it would screw the diversifying idea..

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
or get this killer deal on machine

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=7048041

And this good deal on the cutter head and safety kit

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=7045965
dam, thats a clean machine for an 05!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I ran mulching equipment so I know you have to diversify. BUT if I had been more productive and had the equipment like I described I could have taken on much larger jobs and had a better result. It is completely up to you and your situation. BUT (yes another one) I know who is around you and what they are running and if they ever get the bosses to see what they can do you will be off the job. No disrespect but I have seen several kicked off jobs for low production and poor material size. Yes there is a chance they will not know what level of quality you are giving them compared to another machine/head but I'm sure a competitor will show them.
With so many skid steers already out there it would be worth the effort to look ahead and see where this might go. If they come up and say thin this 300 acre track you will kill a skid steer trying to get it done in a timely manner.
If true skid steer (dirt) work comes up then a smaller low flow machine would be much cheaper and readily available for short term rent.
When I was mulching I didn't know of these web sites and wasn't able to capitalize on the info here. So use what you want and keep us posted.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCsouth View Post
I ran mulching equipment so I know you have to diversify. BUT if I had been more productive and had the equipment like I described I could have taken on much larger jobs and had a better result. It is completely up to you and your situation. BUT (yes another one) I know who is around you and what they are running and if they ever get the bosses to see what they can do you will be off the job. No disrespect but I have seen several kicked off jobs for low production and poor material size. Yes there is a chance they will not know what level of quality you are giving them compared to another machine/head but I'm sure a competitor will show them.
With so many skid steers already out there it would be worth the effort to look ahead and see where this might go. If they come up and say thin this 300 acre track you will kill a skid steer trying to get it done in a timely manner.
If true skid steer (dirt) work comes up then a smaller low flow machine would be much cheaper and readily available for short term rent.
When I was mulching I didn't know of these web sites and wasn't able to capitalize on the info here. So use what you want and keep us posted.
Please, let me know who you know around here..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i know alot of people on here dont like the ASV machines , but just throwing it out there , we have two rc100 with the forestry package on them that are repo units from CAROLINA EQUIPMENT in fairview NC that they're selling
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
i know alot of people on here dont like the ASV machines , but just throwing it out there , we have two rc100 with the forestry package on them that are repo units from CAROLINA EQUIPMENT in fairview NC that they're selling
I'll tell dad....

I've already mentioned any other brand of machine to him but he doesnt seem like he's to excited..

Would you believe the f#cker didnt call that guy today? This is why I dont want a thing to do with him, cause he does all the freakin leg work and BS then wont go after the work..

I now remember why I was done messing with his crap..

Quote:

Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

it seems kind of odd that your dad doesn't get on here and ask his own questions. you had mentioned in the past that you had shown him the site.
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 01-12-2010, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Would you believe the f#cker didnt call that guy today? This is why I dont want a thing to do with him, cause he does all the freakin leg work and BS then wont go after the work..

I now remember why I was done messing with his crap..[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Junior I have to put up with my dad every day. You learn how to deal with it, their are several jobs we pass up just because he has some stupid reason (mainly he doesn't want to travel further than hour away) why we shouldn't do it. But since he currently owns more shares of the company than I do we work close to home. Let me tell you one thing though if you and your dad are like we are it is amazing what two people can get accomplished and you wouldn't want to have anyone other than him.
thats my experience's
Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmtn View Post
it seems kind of odd that your dad doesn't get on here and ask his own questions. you had mentioned in the past that you had shown him the site.
I've shown him the site, but he isnt real computer oriented if you know what I am saying?

Plus it'd take him 2 days to type what I can do in a few minutes..

And derek, I know exactly what you mean. But this part is what pisses me off about him. I can deal with everything else..

Quote:

Old 01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge Man View Post

I now remember why I was done messing with his crap..
Don't worry Junior I have to put up with my dad every day. You learn how to deal with it, their are several jobs we pass up just because he has some stupid reason (mainly he doesn't want to travel further than hour away) why we shouldn't do it. But since he currently owns more shares of the company than I do we work close to home. Let me tell you one thing though if you and your dad are like we are it is amazing what two people can get accomplished and you wouldn't want to have anyone other than him.
thats my experience's[/QUOTE]

Of course theres always something to agrivate you but its that way with anybody. I can get more done with my dad then anybody else cause we think alike so we hardly have to talk we just get it done