Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2010, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I know of a place here in Mississippi where you can get a brand new 2010 pace brand V-nose enclosed trailer for around $2600 brand spanking new. Ramp door and side door roof vent also. I am considering one after about 10 yrs. in business. I looked at them on Friday. The place is Aerial trucks and trailers in olive branch, ms
Old 01-11-2010, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball man View Post
I know of a place here in Mississippi where you can get a brand new 2010 pace brand V-nose enclosed trailer for around $2600 brand spanking new. Ramp door and side door roof vent also. I am considering one after about 10 yrs. in business. I looked at them on Friday. The place is Aerial trucks and trailers in olive branch, ms
for what a 5x10'?

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

no, 6x12. i looked at one last Friday there and i think i'm going to buy one. it is a pace.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
The only negative I can think of about an enclosed is when you are filling the mowers at the gas station, and having to pull the mowers on and off the trailer to fill them up.
if you end up with an enclosed trailer consider adding a fuel door. They're about $70 and pretty easy to mount.

The enclosed I have came with windows where the bottom third slides open. One on each side, which works perfectly as a fuel door.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutz Lawns View Post
The dealer that I use also sells used enclosed trailers too http://www.wellers.com/

With the economy the way that it is there should be a boatload of trailers for sale out there!
this dealer is on some good stuff

he wants $4700 for a beat up used 1999 7x14 and he tells me new 7x14 go for close to $7600

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE=HISnHERS;3361791]if you end up with an enclosed trailer consider adding a fuel door. They're about $70 and pretty easy to mount.

This is what we did, we had 2 fuel doors added at the factory, they work great.

We have had our enclosed about 4 years, 8.5x20, I would never want to go back to an open trailer.

We have a pic of ours on the home page of our website if you want to see it. It's not the best pic, plan on taking a better one soon.

www.patslawn.com

Old 01-15-2010, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryDaddy View Post
This maybe a dumb question, but are those clear polyuerthene (plastic like)sprayer tanks capable of holding gas...
Posted via Mobile Device
No, all tanks must be DOT approved for the fuel it is carrying.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I learned my lesson with carrying fuel only in an approved container, I was out mowing and for some reason, I was trying to put a little bit of gas into one of those foam soda cups, to take up the hill? I cant remember why I didnt just take the whole gas can up there, (but Im sure there must have been a good explanation),and the foam cup was the only thing i could find laying around in the truck, anyway, right after I poured around a cup of regular gas into it, the cup started to melt and disintegrated within a minute or so!!! I quickly put the cup down on the trailer floor, and there is still part of the foam cup kinda fused to the wood trailer floor?!! Cant even scrape it off! Now I will only transport fuel in a can.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

from personal experience, i'll be going to a smaller open trailer this year. why? because after 3 years i'm having a hard time keeping my enclosed trailer together. it's also been converted to a shop, but even then, it'll be replaced by a box truck at some point.

open trailers are a little better suited for landscaping imho, however, it depends on your situation.