Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2010, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

johnsen red saw wont start

saw up until today would start 2nd pull. half way thru tree today saw shut off. checked fuel was a little low so fueled up. wont start. pulled spark plug and i have spark. wont start but seems to want to turn over more when plug is out. pulled exhaust off pulled rope and cylinder moves freely but no matter which way i turn the saw i cant see any fuel. with out exhaust or plug in if i pull the throttle shouldnt fuel flow out of ports if I turn saw upside down sideways around and around? no fuel. so I pulled fuel filter and hose running to carb hose is clear. tried starting with out filter. nothing. so filter back on hose off of carb. fuel runs from hose. so i reinstall hose. wont start. so I recheck plug after cranking several times at full throttle plug doesnt seem wet and no fuel out of exhaust port. Angry and tired of trying I search here for answers cant find any so do all the above over again..... and it wont start.
Help please
Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Tried again today to start chain saw and still cant get it running. I dont understand how it goes from running strong to not starting.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok. let's try this .Remove the cover from air cleaner then spray a short burst of carb cleaner into the throat of the carb. make sure kill switch is in run position then pull the starter rope. If it pops and even runs a few seconds then you have a fuel issue. You will need to take the carb apart and use carb cleaner and compressed air if available to in all the ports. make sure to clean the little stainless steel screen as they can get varnished over with old fuel. Also make sure you clean out fuel tank and fill with fresh mix. It only takes a drop of water to completely clog up these little carbs and it can run you nuts. Just my half-fast opinion.....
Old 01-17-2010, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

cracked, or disconected impulse hose, the hose going from the carb to the cylinder.

Tags
chain saw , fuel , start