Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-10-2002, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
High end residential people "usually" prefer speed and convenience. They spend a lot of time in general on the web. If you can get your web address in front of these people, it is well worth it.
This is exactly right.

I have had my site up for about a year, and while i dont get alot of calls from it, the people that do call are already sold on my services because they know all about me from the site. Everyone of the jobs has been from professionals.

I made the site myself, and it costs me $9 a month in hosting.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:20 AM
Millenium Member

Re: If you have a website, do you find it worthwhile??

Worth every penny. I did my own site for a few years and it looked good, I decided last year to have it professionally done. Since having it re-done I have had nothing but positive comments. It also is a great reference tool for marketing.

www.unionturf.com
Old 12-11-2002, 06:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

KirbysLawn....your site is one of the nicer ones I have seen...quick response, nice pics, and just the right amount of info. Would you mind tellingme about how much your design costs were and what you are paying monthly for hosting? You can email me if you dont want this public...thanks much
Old 12-11-2002, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone else noticed this?

My employees are clean and neat, (I am too) my trucks are old, but clean and neat, we have good equipment is in good shape and we wash it all down and keep it looking good, shirts and hats match and I've got a website. It all adds up to being able to charge more than the scrubs and get it without arguement from the customer.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I found my website to be very beneficial in gaining new customers, if the site looks professional then your company looks professional.

Check out the site and you can also get one very inexpensive for landscape professionals through www.landscapeamerica.com mention my site.

www.loganshardscape.com
Old 12-15-2002, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Member

One thing to watch is site maintenance. I'm always discovering broken links on my site, and realizing that an article I wrote last fall is still linked on there because I forgot to remove it.
I'm a real believer in the professionalism it shows, but I think I will certainly have it managed by a pro soon.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

FYI Guys,

Just wrote an article on websites, marketing, etc.....if you are interested in receiving it, please e-mail me.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a decent website for my company, I would like to say it was good invesment, but honestly all it does is add another item to my letterhead.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kirby,

How have you made out with your customers log in section. Do you find that the customers use it? We were thinking about adding one to our site as well. thanks
Old 12-31-2002, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a question- on the customer login what all does it do anyway? Let them pay bills online with credit card through PayPal? Let them see a "history" of services done on what dates and list the bill amount for each service, and includes any pictures of their property that we have taken? What all does it do?

Also, Mowerdude, can I please borrow some of your introduction section on the link "lawncare"? I will of course edit it and taylor it to my company.
Thanks,
Eric