Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I'am a owner of

I'am a owner of a 2006 F-450 2wd 6.0 automatic with 43,000 miles (68,000kms). The truck is a repo from California not a spec of rust on the frame and clean the truck does have some cosmetic stuff but its a work truck. I bought a truck that has a market value of 29,000 for 23,000 the dealer wanted to sell needed the cash. The truck passed the inspection and has gone through by Ford and passed every check.

The 03 F-550 4x4 was a POS good thing I got the info on Alberta oil patch trucks and guess what was installed. A hour meter the engine had close to 5000 hours on the hour meter. The rear suspension was increased it had a spring packs you would see in a 5 ton truck. The truck was a well worn truck it would have needed a transmission and who knows about the engine.

The torqshift auto makes a HUGE difference with the 6.0 holy crap it feels like a completely different engine. I should beable to tow a trailer now with a skid steer or mini excavator. Have to get used to the increased turning radius. You can tell the suspension in the rear is a little stiffer than my 03 F-450.

Get my dump deck on the truck and start getting some general contracting work.

I should have bought a automatic truck from the start. A California truck is nice no rust the spring hangers and frame etc looks like it did from the factory.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice gr good luck with it. put some pics up got to love cals. wather
Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations, GR!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If he couldn't sell it for 29k the market value was clearly not 29k.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I gave up on trying to find a 4 wheeldrive just non existant in B.C.

I should beable to pull a trailer now it wasn't even possible with my 03 F-450.

Leave the truck on a place that is easy for the truck. Why run the risk of wrecking the truck trying to get out of these places.

The only problem with California trucks is they don't beleive in tires with lugs on them. This truck needs drive tires the ones on the truck are BALD.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrusk View Post
If he couldn't sell it for 29k the market value was clearly not 29k.
The market for trucks right now is really low wait till the end of february and the start of march people start buying. That is when the landscapers start spending money on equipment getting ready for spring.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hope your 6.0 works out better than ours. I just had to spend $1,900 on two batteries, two sets of cables, a new module (dont remember the exact name) and a new turbo. The turbo was covered under warranty with a $100 deductible.
It has a lot of power. I think more than my 6.4, and waaaay more than my 7.3. But out of the three the 7.3 has had ZERO problems. Seriously no problems, not even the tranny!

Good Luck!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I figure no engine is flawless and it is all about maintenance and how you drive the truck. If its broke I will fix it.

I guess it comes from driving gravel trucks but I never have my foot into it I'am always working the engine so your rarely reving past 2000. Use momentum to keep the truck going.

Even the dealer I bought the truck from he said he owned a 7.3 PSD then started driving a 6.0 he said there is no going back to the 7.3 . Many people have said that I'am the same.

Time to start advertising to get people thinking about spring time landscaping and yard clean up. Try get people convinced its easier to haul brush to the landfill than burning it.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats,

You bought another 2wd, 450 6.0 And now you have two. Better hurry now that there is two 450 flatdecks working your hood there REALLY will be no work left for you.

Last edited by Shadetree Ltd; 01-22-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

you make it seem like the 7.3 and 6.0 are two completely different animals..

I've driven both, in different chassis's, loaded, unloaded. sure I've noticed small differences, thats normal. But you make it seem like one is an old 6.2 nonturbo Chevy and the other is a 6.7 Cummins..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!