Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm guessing if it were something I wanted I would talk to a store manager and find out what would be required to gain the contract...
Also not all chain stores are franchised, some are corporate.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
I used to mow for the Hardees restaurants in this area, around 15 of them, then one day without warning, they all closed up suddenly, they had someone come around overnight and change all the locks on the stores!!! The managers and employees were pissed and were not given any notice whatsoever! And of course, this had to happen during the mowing season, I finally found out where to send all the final bills to after weeks of calling around, only to have them all returned to me. They never paid me a dime on their final balances, and never even called me back to explain why not. I was so pissed, but nothing I could really do. The ownership was in a sort of limbo, so I had no place to send any legal papers, and the last address I had for them was in San Diego, Ca,and I live in KY, what are the chances they would show up for that? Slim to none. Just make sure you will be paid, as these companies are slick and crafty.
Many years ago..... not lawn care.... had a big local hotel that owed me money.... then sold the property to a national chain.... and just never paid me.

Wrote a very nice, respectful letter to the chain corporate office, explained the situation, and got paid. Ya never know how a situation will shake out if you just stay cool.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzLawnMan View Post
I think you wait for them to ask you. Its not as easy as signing up. I work for Del Tacos here in AZ, and I didnt sign up. They just called me one day. The managers at the Del Tacos dont have a say in who does the service there, its up to the District Managers

Not to fast! It usually takes about 15 days to get a check after I send an invoice. Well my Rep for Del Taco was 60 days behind and was $7,500.00 behind. I sent her several emails, but no response. So I gave her a call finaly, all of our communication was done through email, so i got a hold of her and she apoligized for not calling me back, but she said, "I am no longer with Del Taco, I have moved on". Well long story short she gave me the number to the new GM. He called and agreed that I should be paid for past services. Awsome! He then said we should sit down and talk about all the Del Tacos in Vegas! So I emailed him the invoices for the ones I do in AZ. He called an hour later and asked if the prices where correct? I said of course. Now I have been working for Del Taco for 5 years now, and very rarely raised the prices. He said he's getting the same work done in vegas for half of what they are paying me. So he said to stop the service asap, until he gets more bids. He also said he's gonna hold off on paying me because he wants to see if those prices are accurate with what the properties require!! I mentioned we do have a contract with the prices listed and the properties. He said they are a major corporation and I am more than happy to talk with there legal dept.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

? and...??????????????????
Old 01-23-2010, 04:27 AM
LawnSite Member

commercial accounts

I have all commercial accounts about 14, anything from HOA, to apartment complex's, to public lands. I just have learned the gift of gab. Find out who is in charge and impress them. Don't expect any thing right away most of my contact have taken a year to wiggle in, but once youíre in your in until you screw up then youíre out. So donít screw up!! I make personal phone calls with updates periodically to gain the personal touch
00-Ford E350 Diesel van
500 gal. tandem trailered pressure washer
7'X14' Custom trailer
7'X16' Enclosed Trailer
40" Bobcat Walkbehind
48" Scagg walkbehind
(4) 22" Snapper walkbehind
(2) Echo Blower
(2) Stihl 600br
Bunch of rakes
(2) Echo hedge trimmer
(2) Sthil Chain saw