Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2003, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do 21 acres a day with the perma green. Guaranteed. Call our local lesco and ask them how I pull from the stockpile. I pull in with a stake body dump, put two skids of 24-5-11 in the bed, have a caddy with the spreader on the back and off I go. I have 8 big sites that take four stops. In four days I have cover about 82.4 acres with that machine. Guess you'd better rethink your theory.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

if you have that large of an area to fert why not use a 3pt fert spreader on the back of a tractor. ours holds 600 lbs. and we do 4-5 acres in about 30 minutes. or about 8-10 acres per hr.

the most we ever did in one day was about 40 acres in one day. between loading and travel.

But please don't ask the lesco store to verify my story,because we get our product in by the truck load right to our shop. Whan you do alot of apps they will deliver the product right to your door.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by etwman
I do 21 acres a day with the perma green. Guaranteed. Call our local lesco and ask them how I pull from the stockpile. I pull in with a stake body dump, put two skids of 24-5-11 in the bed, have a caddy with the spreader on the back and off I go. I have 8 big sites that take four stops. In four days I have cover about 82.4 acres with that machine. Guess you'd better rethink your theory.

......no theory, i never mentioned using a rider, simply a boy and his two getiup sticks.... so maybe you need to re-think your thought.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How has a question about Perma Green spreaders become a Pi$$in match?

I'm not lookin to argue, just tell me about your first hand personal experiences with the machine. I got a good B.S. filter built into the space above my sholders, I'll decide.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

etwman

Check your math before you get too gleeful on 1.2 mil/yr. That $1125.day x 5 days x 6 weeks is $33,750 x 5 apps is $168,750.

Hope you haven't made any big plans on that $500K you were gonna gross.

Too many of you guys are thinking in terms of applications in your area. All of these machines talked about have merit. Although we have big lawns in NJ, they don't comprise the bulk of the work. Residentially we probably average <10K per lawn. However the common extremes are from 3k to 2 acres with numbers smaller and greater than those.

For our size residential and many commercial PLUS our terrain in the southern 1/2 of the state the PG is an excellent choice. Boomless is NICE! I've stated before that if you were mowing 7' wide at 5 mph you'd be super happy.

As for production the mil ft/day is only practical if your not spraying, don't have much hard surface to clean off and the jobs are very large.

The hopper will comfortably hold 3 plus bags of fert. So for 80 bags of material you'll refill 27 times. If you were to spray, that increases the time to refill. At a qt/k of weed mix you'd need 250 gal of mix for a blanket app. It takes time to load or go get 2 skids of fert, fill & mix 250 gal of weed control apply and refill every 30 some thousand feet.

For us the boomless feature is the best as you never running into anything. The nozzles are low pressure, low to the ground and large droplet for drift resistent application.

But if you big and wide and a 10-12' boom can be handled and a spreader throughing a 20 ft pattern is OK you gotta go that route. If hills have to be dealt with that is another issue. These machines will continue to evolve.