2003 Mits. Fuso FE-SP
14500 GVW, Diesel 175hP
12' Rack Dump
Tax/Regis included: $39936.10
2 Wheel Drive

Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen some chevy 4500 with the duramax and allison combo, same weight rating with dump body and plow for 42000, sounds a little high to me also priced a 2002 isuzu crew cab stake body in june and that was 38000.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

KenH that is about 3K to high...but then again Mitsubishi is WAY superoir over isuzu...they have a unlimited warranty on their lease. The interrior is better looking and more comfortable hands down then isuzu....the trans on the mitsu is way better....the turning is a bit better and the overall drive is better than isuzu...the Chevy 4500 cant turn nearly as good as the mitsu...being a ford man neither can the F-450,550,650.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies....

Buntonguy...do you think the price justifies Mits' "superiority"??
Old 01-04-2003, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ken NO DOUBT! Even being the higher priced than it should be it still is superior and does justify the price. Hey even if you went with isuzu you still will be astonished with the ride of the vehicles and not having to pull pesky trailers. You will not be disappointed the shear comfort of the mitsubishi it almost makes you want to drive it all day and say the hell with working its actually fun to take that sucker out for a spin.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing I forgot to tell you is take a look at the features that Mitsubishi has that isuzu dosent....Mitsu has a button on the dash...you press it and it will tell you if your oil is clean and if it needs to be changed no more pulling out dipsticks and changing oil to early or late. Just simply push the button and it lights up good or bad yay or nay. The Mitsubishi has more of an ease to tilt the cab for oil changes and checking the filters and what not. The interior is a darker color which hides the stains better than isuzu. Down side to mitsu is that it is only available with Diesel engine but that is because when you have a work vehicle you need a work engine. You want a work vehicle with a commuter engine get a isuzu with the Chevy vortec engine in it. On Monday take them both for a test drive. If you cant wait till then go over to dare I say www.Lawnandlandscape.com go to their message board and do a search on cabovers...you will get list after list of arguments about Mitsu VS Isuzu. You will find endless reading material GOOD LUCK! and let us know how it goes.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks--- Im trying to talk myself into the Mits., but 39K is a big nut. I went to look at the Isuzus today but the salesteam wasnt in due to the storm. BTW-- The truck wont be pulling a trailer...it will be more of a mulch/planting/leaf truck. I would love to get a Swaploader body
http://www.swaploader.com/
but Im sure that would put the truck well over 45K. Thanks for the advice...Im shamefully going over to L and L.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I forgot to ask.....is there room to negotiate with these trucks??
Old 01-05-2003, 03:49 AM

Ken when you say the truck will not be pulling a trailer that maybe right now. But I have found that when a guy has a piece of equipment that is able and willing to do more that usually some where down the road it will be used for that, even tho at the time of purchase that wasn't the plan.