Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2010, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Storm Enclosed Trailers- does anyone own one?

I am looking for an enclosed trailer and found these Storm trailers. They look like a decent trailer and are the cheapest trailer with the best options i can find. But i'm always a little worried about buying the cheapest thing i find when i don't know the company. Here is their website: http://www.stormtrailers.com/lightning.htm
any opinions would be great!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a nice trailer with a lot of features. I don't know about the actually construction. Never heard of them either.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo5560 View Post
I am looking for an enclosed trailer and found these Storm trailers. They look like a decent trailer and are the cheapest trailer with the best options i can find. But i'm always a little worried about buying the cheapest thing i find when i don't know the company. Here is their website: http://www.stormtrailers.com/lightning.htm
any opinions would be great!
I was up in middlebury, IN and looked at a couple storms. All the trailers that come out of that area are slammed through the factory and I just couldnt get myself to buy one. I believe you could get a quality piece or a junk piece depending on the day it was built and if any newbies where on the line that day.
I resorted back to a quality local trailer shop who I purchased my open trailer from. I just ordered my 18x7 vnose last week. $4400, a fair price compared to the others but quality built and any problems you go straight to the guy that built it. Check them out. Nomanco.com the website isnt the greatest but they are great people if you are willing to make the drive.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenteam View Post
I was up in middlebury, IN and looked at a couple storms. All the trailers that come out of that area are slammed through the factory and I just couldnt get myself to buy one. I believe you could get a quality piece or a junk piece depending on the day it was built and if any newbies where on the line that day.
I resorted back to a quality local trailer shop who I purchased my open trailer from. I just ordered my 18x7 vnose last week. $4400, a fair price compared to the others but quality built and any problems you go straight to the guy that built it. Check them out. Nomanco.com the website isnt the greatest but they are great people if you are willing to make the drive.
looks like they have awesome trailers, but not too many enclosed trailers. could you post a picture of yours?
I was planning on heading down to Indiana to look at a couple dealers in Elkhart on Friday, but to look at this place is another hour or more... but maybe worth the drive.
Where dealer did you go and look at these trailer at? I think that place that had the best deal on them was John's Trailer. Thats where i was going to look at them at.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
looks like they have awesome trailers, but not too many enclosed trailers. could you post a picture of yours?
I was planning on heading down to Indiana to look at a couple dealers in Elkhart on Friday, but to look at this place is another hour or more... but maybe worth the drive.
Where dealer did you go and look at these trailer at? I think that place that had the best deal on them was John's Trailer. Thats where i was going to look at them at.
Johns Trailers is where I went. Before I went to johns i visited the royal cargo/mti facility......and saw there operation. Almost all of the manufacturers are located within 10 miles of johns. He didn't have much on his lot when i went but if you decided you liked one but he didn't have the exact one, you could go to storm and see the exact trailer. Most likely they would have it.

As far as my trailer goes. It wont be completed for a couple more weeks. They are made to order. If you wanted to put your trip off for a couple weeks until mine is done I would be glad to show it to you. I'm 30 miles south of middlebury. Good Luck
Old 01-27-2010, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Johns Trailers is where I went. Before I went to johns i visited the royal cargo/mti facility......and saw there operation. Almost all of the manufacturers are located within 10 miles of johns. He didn't have much on his lot when i went but if you decided you liked one but he didn't have the exact one, you could go to storm and see the exact trailer. Most likely they would have it.

As far as my trailer goes. It wont be completed for a couple more weeks. They are made to order. If you wanted to put your trip off for a couple weeks until mine is done I would be glad to show it to you. I'm 30 miles south of middlebury. Good Luck
so you can go to storms manufactoring facility and see what they have? Or do you have to be like a dealer? I thought it was close John's, so maybe its worth taking a look at. I was planning on going on friday to john's and a couple others to see what they got.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
so you can go to storms manufactoring facility and see what they have? Or do you have to be like a dealer? I thought it was close John's, so maybe its worth taking a look at. I was planning on going on friday to john's and a couple others to see what they got.
I contacted them, told them I was interested in a trailer and that johns didn't have exactly what I wanted. They said, no problem come on over and check em out. They want to sell them just as bad as the distributor does. That area is the trailer mecca. Make sure you look them over well. Good luck turbo
Old 01-28-2010, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I contacted them, told them I was interested in a trailer and that johns didn't have exactly what I wanted. They said, no problem come on over and check em out. They want to sell them just as bad as the distributor does. That area is the trailer mecca. Make sure you look them over well. Good luck turbo
well thanks! i went to johns trailer today and was very disappointed. Went to a place downtown elkhart and went to MSI and looked at a United trailer (ULT) was very impressed with construction and quality. If i'm going to be getting one it will be from them.