Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-23-2009, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Makes sense. I'm set up similar, but only running one mowing crew, that if I can ever get away from mowing everyday could really do quite a bit more work. Im still running the crew though, and doing all of our lawn apps. So that rig could handle another day worth of mowing easy, if I could still have my extra time for lawn apps, sprinkler service, small landscape work etc. I know where you're coming from with the personal truck, I've got an 01 super duty powerstroke that i bought used, still a very very clean truck and I hate to take it out to mow, it basically sits, hauls me around, and plows snow. So you guys strictly do driveways for snow then?
22' goosneck flatbed 20' 14k tilt bumper pull skid trailer 18' tandem flatbed
05 JD 737 60" Z
07 JD 657A 54" Quik-trak
11 Z925A JD
Deere 36 w/b hydro
Toro 44 hydro
Deere 21's
Lesco Spreaders
RedMax stihl shindaiwa
200 gal spray rig
Billy Goat truck loader
7753 Bobcat
Old 12-24-2009, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

well anyways it was one of your trucks, a superduty diesel white haha ... everything looks good

2002 Ford F250 - XLT - 4x4 - ext. cab
1997 Ford F350 - XL - 4x4 - Diesel - Insert Dump
1997 Ford F250 - XLT - 4x4 - Diesel - some extras
Kubota L3540
Scag Turf Tigers
Wright Standers
Stihl 2-stroke equipment
Old 12-24-2009, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker51 View Post
Makes sense. I'm set up similar, but only running one mowing crew, that if I can ever get away from mowing everyday could really do quite a bit more work. Im still running the crew though, and doing all of our lawn apps. So that rig could handle another day worth of mowing easy, if I could still have my extra time for lawn apps, sprinkler service, small landscape work etc. I know where you're coming from with the personal truck, I've got an 01 super duty powerstroke that i bought used, still a very very clean truck and I hate to take it out to mow, it basically sits, hauls me around, and plows snow. So you guys strictly do driveways for snow then?
we do several private roads. we lost our parking lots. its fine with me though, we are making enough and we dont have to buy a sander

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 12-26-2009, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

here is my poor truck. we made enough to cover repairs out of pocket and still made good money, its just one of those things that eats me up. i usually have much more weight in my truck, but because it was predicted to be light fluffly snow and not icy i didnt bother.
Attached Images

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

is the bumper one solid piece? I smashed the rear and driver's side bed side of my 07 GMC (new style) and the bumper alone is 10 pieces!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander316 View Post
is the bumper one solid piece? I smashed the rear and driver's side bed side of my 07 GMC (new style) and the bumper alone is 10 pieces!
i think it is, ill most likely take it off, beat it out for the winter and buy something in the spring. ive been looking at those armor type heavy duty bumpers. who knows, maybe ill smack it up some'more before the seasons over! i hate my new truck anyways

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 01-31-2010, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

im itching to get back outside. we need a few snow storms to get enough money for a 4th ztr this year to really get the 2nd crew fully running (and work of course). we will be advertising like crazy this spring to pickup alot of new lawns. we have never really adveritised and most work has come from word of mouth over a long period of time.

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 01-31-2010, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

supercuts have you seen the guy in bridgeport selling new bobcat mowers on ebay for super low prices?this is his page (WWW.MERITRENTALS.COM).the prices are very low,tell me what you think.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M RASCOE&SONS View Post
supercuts have you seen the guy in bridgeport selling new bobcat mowers on ebay for super low prices?this is his page (WWW.MERITRENTALS.COM).the prices are very low,tell me what you think.
yeah ive talked to him. being from saybrook im assuming you know Barry. he has been very good to me and i dont want to cut him out of the loop on a new mower sale, but $2k is $2k. if i snows i might be interested but im still looking for a great deal on a used machine. ive seen some that cheap in NC from time to time and i think Ohio. they must do alot of volume to get prices down that low. you going to get one?

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 01-31-2010, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercuts View Post
yeah ive talked to him. being from saybrook im assuming you know Barry. he has been very good to me and i dont want to cut him out of the loop on a new mower sale, but $2k is $2k. if i snows i might be interested but im still looking for a great deal on a used machine. ive seen some that cheap in NC from time to time and i think Ohio. they must do alot of volume to get prices down that low. you going to get one?
yeah barry is a good guy and would love to give him the sale but the price dif can be huge.i was looking for a used bobcat when i came across these.are you going to sell any of your machines?if so keep me in mind ,or if you come
across a package where you only want 1.