Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2010, 04:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=gardenkeeper88;3392770]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtostone View Post
Let me see if I can help a little. There shouldn't be a reason your e-mail invoice and printed invoices should be different. make life simple for yourself. When you save your invoice you check on the bottom left corner if you want that to be printed or e-mailed. Once you have run your batch of invoices you can then e-mail the whole batch.

Are you running Qxpress too? when I post the invoices from QX to QB it automatically sends them to invoices to send OR to be emailed in the QB program. I never see the invoice area of Qb. this is supppose to be the time saving step. and it is. i have the customers set up in in the QB customers settings for the way I send them. However you can't save which invoice type to use. When printing invoices. Preprinted invoices are a lot cheaper than using your printer and the ink required to print the invoice, form and all on blank paper. So when your printing 100+ to mail out i use the preprinted form. Qb even recommended to use preprinted forms.
I am not running Qexpress yet, that was something I was going to do this spring and give it a shot. As far as printing goes I picked up a laser printer which can do thousands of prints before a refill. Quick too, so now I am not waiting for ages to start putting everything in my window envelopes. Did you find that you were able to save printing costs using pre printed invoices over a laser printer? If so where are you getting them, Something else I had considered this spring was to start having customers being e-mailed their invoices to reduce my postage costs which are about $800 a year.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=newtostone;3394390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenkeeper88 View Post

I am not running Qexpress yet, that was something I was going to do this spring and give it a shot. As far as printing goes I picked up a laser printer which can do thousands of prints before a refill. Quick too, so now I am not waiting for ages to start putting everything in my window envelopes. Did you find that you were able to save printing costs using pre printed invoices over a laser printer? If so where are you getting them, Something else I had considered this spring was to start having customers being e-mailed their invoices to reduce my postage costs which are about $800 a year.
Qxpress is the part that caused the prob w/ 2 types. (because it does the invoice gnerating in Qb I do not even see the qb invoice screen. and because I have been using the preprinted inv since 2000). I have not checked into a laser printer. My printer is really pretty fast and prints faster than I can fold and place in my envelopes. I seal and stamp after all are stuffed. i started giving the option of email last year and about 1/3 went with it. Some don't have computers only use them occasionally and whatever so I don't think I'll be able to eliminate snail mail completely. but this year after last being my trial year, I will try to get all new customers set up email if possible. Another thing w qxpress is if you want to prepare estimates in it you have to jump up to the platinum, i'm on the gold. another 400 bucks. So to update 300per year and 400 for jumping to platinum thas 700. this year. so now's the time to look around and see if there is something better before I put more into what I have. Maybe what I have is the best. I wont know till I do more research. but I have found a couple and one I want to look at more indepth.
I appreciate your help and thought with this post and me. And we pray for a great season for all the professional companies in 2010.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=gardenkeeper88;3394541]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtostone View Post

Qxpress is the part that caused the prob w/ 2 types. (because it does the invoice gnerating in Qb I do not even see the qb invoice screen. and because I have been using the preprinted inv since 2000). I have not checked into a laser printer. My printer is really pretty fast and prints faster than I can fold and place in my envelopes. I seal and stamp after all are stuffed. i started giving the option of email last year and about 1/3 went with it. Some don't have computers only use them occasionally and whatever so I don't think I'll be able to eliminate snail mail completely. but this year after last being my trial year, I will try to get all new customers set up email if possible. Another thing w qxpress is if you want to prepare estimates in it you have to jump up to the platinum, i'm on the gold. another 400 bucks. So to update 300per year and 400 for jumping to platinum thas 700. this year. so now's the time to look around and see if there is something better before I put more into what I have. Maybe what I have is the best. I wont know till I do more research. but I have found a couple and one I want to look at more indepth.
I appreciate your help and thought with this post and me. And we pray for a great season for all the professional companies in 2010.
Ill keep you updated on quickbook client manager I am setting it up on my computer this week and want to see how that works. Ill keep this updated with my results and thoughts. and check into a laser printer you can get them really cheap these day (i only have a black and white) and it does something around 30 pages a minute.

http://www.staples.com/Brother-HL-53...?cmArea=SEARCH Another thing I love is these hold a lot more paper than the average printer which means I dont have to refill it mid print.

Tags
invoicing , program , scheduling , software