Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rubber Track for CTL question

I'm trying to research my options for tread pattern for a TL120 Takkie CTL - so far have only found them available in the opposing tread pattern and the factory bar pattern. Looking for something a bit better in all season situations and with less travel vibration on hard surfaces.

The opposing tread pattern seems like it would walk with less vibration, but don't know how they'd compare to the factory pattern for traction in snow. Actually this machine doesn't do too bad in the snow....much better than I expected, but not near as good as ASV.

Anyone out there know of a track available for this machine (320x86x46) with a pattern more like Cat's have?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Could check into Solideals. They have a bar pattern similar to Cat/Asv, only zig zagged. Have heard good feedback and not so good feedback. No experience with them myself, although I have been very happy with Solideal tires.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I'm trying to research my options for tread pattern for a TL120 Takkie CTL - so far have only found them available in the opposing tread pattern and the factory bar pattern. Looking for something a bit better in all season situations and with less travel vibration on hard surfaces.

The opposing tread pattern seems like it would walk with less vibration, but don't know how they'd compare to the factory pattern for traction in snow. Actually this machine doesn't do too bad in the snow....much better than I expected, but not near as good as ASV.

Anyone out there know of a track available for this machine (320x86x46) with a pattern more like Cat's have?
might want to check these guys...i have had good success with the Nextgen TDF style tracks from this company
www.mclarenusa.com
Old 02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson M Martin View Post
might want to check these guys...i have had good success with the Nextgen TDF style tracks from this company
www.mclarenusa.com
Thanks for the site...they are sending me an e-quote on those style tracks. It appears they are about the only company to offer more than two lug patterns for this machine. Have you them in all types of terrain? What machine do you run them on, and do they put out less vibrations? My wife can be in the house 50' away from me plowing snow and she feels the vibration from the machine.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks for the site...they are sending me an e-quote on those style tracks. It appears they are about the only company to offer more than two lug patterns for this machine. Have you them in all types of terrain? What machine do you run them on, and do they put out less vibrations? My wife can be in the house 50' away from me plowing snow and she feels the vibration from the machine.
Sounds like that should be a happy wife
Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I put a set of Mclaren on the first T300 Bobcat i had and also have them on my current T320 Bobcat.
I know a new set of Mclaren tracks on the Bobcat will run smoother,but i cannot say if they will make a huge difference for your CTL because of the rollers riding directly on the steel embeds of the track
Old 02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. They want $2,600 shipped...not too bad, but not exactly inexpensive either. I can probably get a grand for these OEM tracks and offset the cost. These tracks might not only have better traction in the snow with less vibration, but will most likely have less ground disturbance in customer's yards. I don't need maximum traction in dirt.

If I get them, I will post feedback.