Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

www.greenswardllc.com

Hello,
I would appreciate some feedback on our website. Right now I'm just using freeware from yahoo to design it, though the templates someone mentioned on bludomain are pretty tempting. :-) Any comments on color scheme? Anyone else had luck using google webmaster tools to get their website ranking up?
Best,
Aimee
Greensward, Llc
www.greenswardllc.com
Old 01-18-2010, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Google webmaster tools will not raise your Google ranking. It does have its uses though. For example, making sure Google can crawl your site properly, that there are no errors or broken links and to analyze your keywords. Make sure to upload a site map as well that is a huge function on webmaster tools.

I like the website. The blue and the green aren't my fav but it works. Get rid of the comment at the top of the page $->
Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh, thanks for pointing that out- it's funny the way you can check things over and over again, and miss something obvious. I guess I was saying raise google ratings in a round-about way, by making the website more search engine friendly..... I just uploaded a site map this afternoon, I've been revising key words, etc. I'm just really surprised that "landscaping culpeper" doesn't bring it up for 17 pages, but when I run a comparison of keywords against other landscapers, this site has nearly twice as many occurances as theirs. I guess it's just that it hasn't been online, and we haven't worked on getting actives links between it and other sites.
Aimee
Old 01-21-2010, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys are doing a project down the street from me (Blue Ridge Ave) and I remember checking your site out when you first broke ground. What you have is a big improvement, there are just some navigation issues. It's kind of standard to be able to click on the co. name at the top to go back to home; when I couldn't, it was a little frustrating.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello Dave,
I guess it's a small world on the world wide web!:-) Thanks for the tip- I really don't like the setup right now where you have to scroll all the way to the bottom for the links back to other pages, but I hadn't thought of changing the company name to a link. Now, don't go clicking our google adwords. :-)
Best,
Aimee
Greensward, LLC
www.greenswardllc.com
Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenswardLLC View Post
Hello Dave,
Now, don't go clicking our google adwords. :-)

www.greenswardllc.com
How's that working for you? I haven't been sold on it as actually being worth it, but I'm always curious to find out more.

Anyhow, clicking adwords is so unimaginative. If I was a jerk, I would've told you that your website needed lots of pictures of monkeys, flashing banners, and loud music playing the second the site loaded.

I'll have to stick my head in and say hi next time it's not raining. I just appreciate the fact that with as crappy as the weather has been since you started, their front yard still looks great (and not like a mudpit or storage yard). I wish more of the contractors who do my installs could get that figured out.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, we've just started our adwords campaign, so I think it will take a while to decide whether it's worth it or not. It would be hard for it to be a worse investment than yellow pages has been the last couple years. :-) As always, referrals are gold- our best clients have been through word-of-mouth.
Aimee
www.greenswardllc.com
Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i like your website. I don't know where your from...city/province and or state. a little research puts you in virginia but wouldn't mind seeing that. Just a personal thing. On one of your culpeper projects you mention the importance of a pleasing view from windows in the finished basement. I was looking everywhere for a picture of that view.
would love to illuminate your work
C.O.L.D. (Certified Outdoor Lighting Designer)#1112
C.L.V.L.T. (Certified Low Voltage Lighting Technician)#0639