Register free!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsin1 View Post
CORRECTION:

It was BARRICADE pre-emergent and something called 3Way Ester weed control that they applied today -- how long do I have to wait after this pre-emergent and weed control was put down to overseed fescue seed ???
I wouldn't risk seed on barricade, it will stop seed germination, and if you aerate, it will nullify the preemergent and allow crabgrass competition. If you are going to seed in the early spring, it should be well planned, and executed at the proper time. Save yourself the aggravation, and go with a fall seeding, now.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Member

so I guess its not wise to overseed first day of spring (march 19) since they just put down the Barricade on Feb 4...

i got a 25lb bag of Lesco Transition Blend that I can't return ( lost my receipt ) at a good price since the "expiration date " was April 2010........ I would hate for this bag of seed to go to waste! - how long does seed "last" after that "expiration date" .... would this seed still be usable in the fall ( september 2010)

Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
so I guess its not wise to overseed first day of spring (march 19) since they just put down the Barricade on Feb 4...

i got a 25lb bag of Lesco Transition Blend that I can't return ( lost my receipt ) at a good price since the "expiration date " was April 2010........ I would hate for this bag of seed to go to waste! - how long does seed "last" after that "expiration date" .... would this seed still be usable in the fall ( september 2010)

The "expiration date" is for the germination %. If its a 85% this year, by fall, it may lose a couple points, not much difference. Just hang the bag by a wire, in a cool, dry place, and it will still be good for this fall.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
i think my plans of a early seeding may be ruined........... my lawn care company came today - feb 4th - and applied my late winter treatment... they sprayed BARRICADE pre-emergent and something called Ester-2 weed control.........

how long do I have to wait after this pre-emergent and weed control was put down
to overseed fescue seed ??? can i still shoot from March 15 or will this pre-emergent and weed control prevent my seed germination & I;d have to wait until Fall 2010??
Good communication is key! I make a habit of informing customers at least a week ahead of time before spraying or treating anything in there yard, also ask if there is anything they would like done ahead of time.

They could have planned the reseeding around the weed app. if they only knew!!!

Nothing is more important than communication!!!

Tags
earliest , early , fescue , seed , spring