Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

New Enclosed Cheaper than Used?

Im seeing alot of used enclosed trailers in the 5-6k range and alot of new stuff for 4-5.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There's a LOT of JUNK enclosed trailers out there... If you have a good eye for quality and know what to look for you may find a diamond in the rough with some of those "cheap" trailers. My guess is that the more expensive used trailers are nome brand models, either that or they were just more expensive when new because they came from a different part of the US.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know....im only on my second enclosed trailer but so far one has been top name brand and one came from run of the mill down south dealers...so far the quality has been just as good on both of them. At my shop, there are 4 other LCOs and several of them have the top of the line haulmark landscapers package enclosed trailers...busted up just like any other brand trailer after a few years. As for the prices, its just what someone will pay. My 10+ year old, repaintd, ghetto rigged enclosed trailer sold for $1100 on craigslist in literally 5 minutes. Paid $800 for that baby two years prior. Paid $2700 for my newer enclosed, should sell for around $1700-2k around here after 3 years of service. Our dealers mark their prices up sooo much on enclosed trailers that the resell value of used trailers around here stays high. Most people dont know they can drive just a few hundred miles south and be where most of them trailers are made.