Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJS View Post
did any of you guys down south get snow today? we got about 5-7 inches today from a storm they said on the news last night was going to leave us with a "dusting" in my area
i got about an inch that laid on snow we already had. nothing on pavements tho.

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Old 02-16-2010, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel-Landscaping View Post
i got about an inch that laid on snow we already had. nothing on pavements tho.
Yeah I would say we maybe got a total of 1" but no accumulation on hard surfaces though here either.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-17-2010, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats what i was expecting around here based on what I heard on the news last night/saw online, looked outside figuring I'd see a dusting and no more snow falling but it was coming down hard. Finally stopped sticking around 2 and we went out but it didnt stop falling till around 7. We got between 4-8 inches depending on the area. It was that nice light snow too, easy to handle

also, for the first time today I saw kids out shoveling door to door actually low balling jobs away from eachother I overheard them at a house nextdoor to one of ours, one group of kids says 20 bucks while the other groups yelling from down the street that they'll do it for 18
Old 02-17-2010, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

also, for the first time today I saw kids out shoveling door to door actually low balling jobs away from eachother I overheard them at a house nextdoor to one of ours, one group of kids says 20 bucks while the other groups yelling from down the street that they'll do it for 18
ahhh future lco's of america!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-17-2010, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That is great!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

so i been looking for a cheap used dump all winter to add to my fleet. i want to keep the overhead low becasue all my equipment is paid off except 1 truck. i finally came across a 2003 f450 diesiel mason dump extended cab white color in great condition. has about 80,000 miles on it. gonna have it checked out to make sure its in good condition. best part about it is that its 16,000. i was wanting to spend between 15-25. a few deals past me by so far. but with this extra money from the snow and my tax return form last year ill be good to go. going to see it tomorrow. wish me luck!

Old 02-17-2010, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
ahhh future lco's of america!
exactly what I was thinking! Too bad its "wrong" I wouldnt mind paying them 20 bucks to do a few of our annoying customers lol everybody always wants to be first

Quote:
so i been looking for a cheap used dump all winter to add to my fleet. i want to keep the overhead low becasue all my equipment is paid off except 1 truck. i finally came across a 2003 f450 diesiel mason dump extended cab white color in great condition. has about 80,000 miles on it. gonna have it checked out to make sure its in good condition. best part about it is that its 16,000. i was wanting to spend between 15-25. a few deals past me by so far. but with this extra money from the snow and my tax return form last year ill be good to go. going to see it tomorrow. wish me luck!
Sounds like a great deal! goodluck
Old 02-17-2010, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Good luck...I hope it works out for ya...I'm still looking myself....

Quote:
exactly what I was thinking! Too bad its "wrong" I wouldnt mind paying them 20 bucks to do a few of our annoying customers lol everybody always wants to be first
You're telling me.....All of my customers are always so patient when it comes to their lawns, leaves, etc. when we get rain and such, but when it comes to snow its a whole different story.....so impatient. It's all good though!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Good luck dude!!
Quote:
Old 02-17-2010, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
You're telling me.....All of my customers are always so patient when it comes to their lawns, leaves, etc. when we get rain and such, but when it comes to snow its a whole different story.....so impatient. It's all good though!
i hear that. everyone wants you out as soon as the snow stops. i cant do over 50 customers in the first hour after the snow stops lol!! i ususally require 24 hrs after the storm stops to get everything done. most of the time i get done before that but its rough when the storm ends at like 8 at night im out all night doing businesses then the residentials come the next day and ppl dont like waiting till 8oclock at night. but if we dont get to someone and they get that 20 dollar kid to do it for them its ok. they are on the list for next time. we just rotate them higher in the list. we wont make the same ppl wait all the time each storm. but the priority customers pay more because they want to be done first. life in the big city i guess? lol