Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel-Landscaping View Post
i hear that. everyone wants you out as soon as the snow stops. i cant do over 50 customers in the first hour after the snow stops lol!! i ususally require 24 hrs after the storm stops to get everything done. most of the time i get done before that but its rough when the storm ends at like 8 at night im out all night doing businesses then the residentials come the next day and ppl dont like waiting till 8oclock at night. but if we dont get to someone and they get that 20 dollar kid to do it for them its ok. they are on the list for next time. we just rotate them higher in the list. we wont make the same ppl wait all the time each storm. but the priority customers pay more because they want to be done first. life in the big city i guess? lol
True story! couldn't have said it better myself!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
True story! couldn't have said it better myself!
i need to get my posts up so i can become a platinum member like you buddy lol!!

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
i hear that. everyone wants you out as soon as the snow stops. i cant do over 50 customers in the first hour after the snow stops lol!! i ususally require 24 hrs after the storm stops to get everything done. most of the time i get done before that but its rough when the storm ends at like 8 at night im out all night doing businesses then the residentials come the next day and ppl dont like waiting till 8oclock at night. but if we dont get to someone and they get that 20 dollar kid to do it for them its ok. they are on the list for next time. we just rotate them higher in the list. we wont make the same ppl wait all the time each storm. but the priority customers pay more because they want to be done first. life in the big city i guess? lol
Same here, we rotate our schedule every storm, but theres a few we keep up on the top of the list, right after the commercials, who are willing to pay a little extra since they need to be able to get out because of their jobs (doctors/cops). I'd much rather a storm that stops sometime in the morning, where we have the whole day and then can work into the night
Old 02-17-2010, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJS View Post
Same here, we rotate our schedule every storm, but theres a few we keep up on the top of the list, right after the commercials, who are willing to pay a little extra since they need to be able to get out because of their jobs (doctors/cops). I'd much rather a storm that stops sometime in the morning, where we have the whole day and then can work into the night
i also like when they end like 4 5 am. i still work on my businesses during the night and keep them close to bare pavement because i cant do residential at night anyway and i dont want to waste my time in the morning. when i know the storm will come to an end in an hour or so i do my last commercial trip around and then 6 am start with the residential. when the storms end like that i can get everything done by 7ish at night which is good.

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Old 02-17-2010, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Jersey dudes, Project Evergreen needs volunteers for some military families in three areas. Let me know if these are near any of you and if you are interested in helping. The areas are East Windsor, Browns Mills, and Jersey City. Here is the lady's info that handles the program.
Joy Westenberg
GreenCare for Troops Manager
Minnesota
218-732-9100-direct
877-758-4835
Please follow GCFT: http://greencarefortroops.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/GreenCareTroops
Facebook--Project EverGreen/GreenCare for Troops

is this for mowing only?
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
i need to get my posts up so i can become a platinum member like you buddy lol!!
Haha...yeah, its a real problem how much I was on here...lol I'm going for 5,000 and I'll be a fanatic...lol Only like 111 for you and you'll be a senior member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoFun View Post
is this for mowing only?
I guess it could be for anything, but the ones that I did were for mowing only. I'm sure if you talk to Joy she would have better answers than I would. Are you thinking of volunteering?
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-17-2010, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

I guess it could be for anything, but the ones that I did were for mowing only. I'm sure if you talk to Joy she would have better answers than I would. Are you thinking of volunteering?
yea i dont mow though.. only seed and plant.. ill shoot her an email.... thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoFun View Post
yea i dont mow though.. only seed and plant.. ill shoot her an email.... thanks
Gotcha...cool, let me know if you need any more info...tell her Bill sent ya from Lawnsite.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
i also like when they end like 4 5 am. i still work on my businesses during the night and keep them close to bare pavement because i cant do residential at night anyway and i dont want to waste my time in the morning. when i know the storm will come to an end in an hour or so i do my last commercial trip around and then 6 am start with the residential. when the storms end like that i can get everything done by 7ish at night which is good.
I love when i can finish plowing the businsses before theres people on the street/parking lots especially one of my lots is a sears hardware and people are constantly driving right up behind me/walking right behind me in such a rush to get inside to buy a damn shovel which btw i've never understood the mad rush for shovels before a storm, where do all the shovels from the previous storms disappear to?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Only a couple of inches here in Camden County. Not much more than a nuisance. We've had plenty with piles all over the road edges and massive piles, for us, in parking lots.

Kirk