Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father&Daughter Lawn care View Post
LOL
So....how's things going at The Most Famous Exit in Indiana?
The RV biz pick up any since Bush visited?

My sis told me on the phone from Venice, CA that because of high gas prices alot of people in the West have taken to 'RT-ing' (recreational trailering) and have found places to park their RVs permanently at places like trailer parks, beach right-of-ways & RV campgrounds that choose to adopt no stay limit rules.
They live in their RV's and drive to places around them in small economical cars.

How do you think this trend fares for Richmond IN?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

hey MARCOS....howabout them bengals huh.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
So....how's things going at The Most Famous Exit in Indiana?
The RV biz pick up any since Bush visited?

My sis told me on the phone from Venice, CA that because of high gas prices alot of people in the West have taken to 'RT-ing' (recreational trailering) and have found places to park their RVs permanently at places like trailer parks, beach right-of-ways & RV campgrounds that choose to adopt no stay limit rules.
They live in their RV's and drive to places around them in small economical cars.

How do you think this trend fares for Richmond IN?
I can believe that the RV industry is being hit hard. I have also noticed alot of trailers for sale in the area around the state park in Liberty. At this time it appears certain luxuries are becoming to expensive.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jrminator View Post

You beat me to it.......I was pulling for the Jets just for that reason......
Old 01-27-2010, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Member

ok colts... made it to the superbowl...now make it count !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jrminator View Post
Hey dude......I'm an AFC guy 110% if/when the Bengals get eliminated from playoff contention.
I come over here to say how well I thought Indy played last week against the Jets, & this is the treatment I get?
The Bengals peaked WAY too early in the season, had too many injuries & had 2 deaths in & around the team that distracted the hell out of them.
Plus, they picked the wrong team to play in the wild card.
If they put their entire starting defense in at the Meadowlands game #16, that wouldn't have been a 37-0 blowout & the Bengals would have actually tried to win so they could've maybe played the Texans here instead.
Instead, well, Carson Palmer's old water boy at USC finally got a little playoff limelight.

If you want to do some playful trash talking, why don't you go to the thread.... 'Louisiana LCO's" ?
With a little inspiration from yours truly, it appears they've gotten a bit of a head start on you!

Last edited by Marcos; 01-28-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey, im from indy, and new to the site. Does anyone know if you can work at a chemical lawncare company and start a company doing the same? Im just wondering about the 3b license having to have a bus. name on it. If you have one bus. name on there are there problems with getting caught applying for a dif. company?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
hey, im from indy, and new to the site. Does anyone know if you can work at a chemical lawncare company and start a company doing the same? Im just wondering about the 3b license having to have a bus. name on it. If you have one bus. name on there are there problems with getting caught applying for a dif. company?
Hey there phillie,

Not really sure what your asking here? Are you saying you have your license now?

How would you find time to work full time for some one then go out and do ferts and squirts after work?

Is that all your doing is chemicals, no mowing?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My bad. Im not mowing at all. I just want to fert and squirt, insect and disease control, aerate and seed. It seems that everyone and their mother have a mower and a trailer around here. I do have a 3b but it has the other companies name on it. I would like to start my bus. along with maintaining my job at the other place and keep it legal. Im willing to work late to get this thing up and running. I only have 35 customers right now I cannot just walk a way from my job with that. I might have to go get a job elsewhere to pursue this.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
My bad. Im not mowing at all. I just want to fert and squirt, insect and disease control, aerate and seed. It seems that everyone and their mother have a mower and a trailer around here. I do have a 3b but it has the other companies name on it. I would like to start my bus. along with maintaining my job at the other place and keep it legal. Im willing to work late to get this thing up and running. I only have 35 customers right now I cannot just walk a way from my job with that. I might have to go get a job elsewhere to pursue this.
Hey Phillie,
I am going to PM you, please look for it. You may have to refresh to get it to show.
Jay