Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

LOL. I have to admit that is almost what my first flyer ever look liked and it did work at the time but that was 10 years ago. LOL funny to look at now. Did someone actually put that out?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason View Post
LOL. That is what I thought. Makes mine just stand out more.
Guess there are a lot of new guys getting into it.

Of course you will see a lot of new guys. Tell me what other business you can start that you go to "google" and do a search and a web site like this pops up and everyone here tells everyone how to run a successfull lawn care business?
Look at alot of the equipment and trucks you guys drive. Brand new. If I saw that going down the street. I would say, "hey wife look at that guys new 45k new diesel pick up. Maybe I will start mowing too"
In most states you dont need a license. You can go to any mower shop and finance your entire set up. Even here in Florida you can even get the trailer too.
What other business can you start with no money down and 0% interest for 90days to 1 year?
Now everyone is on here telling everyone how to make great flyers.
I mean there were other topics like how much do you make? A lot of get on here and brag...dah how stupid. Then you wonder why there are so many new lawn guys every year. And no they all dont go away after a few weeks. Some of them do make it and its biting into YOUR revenue.

We made the mistake of having our sons birthday party at our house. Picture this. My son goes to private school with a bunch of rich hob nobs. My wife rolls up in one of our work trucks and goes into school for some reason or other.
She is dirty, but does have work uniform on and logo'd up truck.
Well when all BMW's, Mercede's, Hummers, ect pull up in front of our house.
The look on all those womens faces inside our house and looking at my huge pool with all the palms and tropicals. It was a Kodak moment! My wife was all done up. Thats all they could talk about was how a lawn wife can live in a place like this.
They said that our back yard was nicer than some of the resorts they have been too.
A few had the nerve to ask how much we made. It. was really hard to not tell them but she said, "you have no clue"
It does suck now because my entire back yard is now all dead from the massive 12 day freeze we had.
Its funny because when we want to pick extra work we still use the same flyer and advertising from 18 years ago. My wife says why change what works.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I think its about time I start offering "weed eating" too!!!! But then Id have to go buy a weed eater.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ha those are pretty bad.

Im designing mine now, im gonna put my face shot in there to.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

im going to invest in some joel bauer business cards not really but im sure they would generate business if you dont know who he is look him up on youtube
Old 02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Go ahead and make fun but those guys get their share of customers....I know they work our area. And those names attract customer...why because they know they will be cheap. And just so you know the fancy mailers from "JustMowit" doesn't get any more jobs. Timing is everything.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some more flyers that I got today.

I don't know how to get these on the front page. I am not able to edit it anymore. So here is some more that I got today.

This is a card.

This is a card.

This is a card.

This is the front side of this guys card.

This is the back side of his card.