Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2010, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I've had good luck with that. Not very flexible but really easy to do yourself. I thought GoDaddy was lousy--constant barrage of upgrades and was just overwhelming for me.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I use justhost - Its awesome. great customer support, and with you can make really nice websites.

Click this to go their site:

This is my websites I made> www.rowewebsitedesign.com > www.waynesnow.com
Old 01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Lawn/Landscape View Post
I had mine built for $600 and hosting and domain name was another $180. I furnished all the pics and provided ideas and she did the rest. Best money I ever spent. If you want the professional image, let someone with experiance build it. Hope this helps.

James
Misspelling from your website: Fertilization and Week Control??

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

website leads

How many of you have a website that has contributed significantly to your business growth?

Has there been a upturn or down turn in your web leads over the past 2 years?

How do your web leads compare in quality a close rate to those generated from other sources?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasMWhite View Post
I use godaddy and it isn't bad. It doesn't look 100% professional but I'm happy with it. They have a "website tonight" site builder that is pretty user friendly, took me a day or two to put the site together and for the first year I spent about $75 or something like that and then it's just like $50 a year or so from here on in.

If you are going to use them google godaddy discount code, or something along those lines. They are always running many different saving programs and if you google it you can find a list of them and choose what works best for you.

my site can be seen at www.colgatelawnservice.com
Your site is very nice, so let me get this right, your saying that web site cost you only $50 a year?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearWise Landscapers View Post
We use GoDaddy. They have great prices and are easy to use. The best thing is that they answer the phone and will answer your questions. Other hosting companies are based overseas and you can't get in touch with them if something goes wrong.
So what does yours cost? the post above yours says his is only $50 a year. Can that be right?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
I use yahoo small business...no complaints here, it cost about $9 a month.
Hey, your trailer gate sign looks good from a distance, do you feel that it was a good investment.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

GoDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearWise Landscapers View Post
We use GoDaddy. They have great prices and are easy to use. The best thing is that they answer the phone and will answer your questions. Other hosting companies are based overseas and you can't get in touch with them if something goes wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
So what does yours cost? the post above yours says his is only $50 a year. Can that be right?
Jay,

I may be coming off my recommendation of GoDaddy after seeing their Superbowl commercials!

But seriously, we have been very pleased with their service. Here is a link to the prices on their hosting plans. We had to move up to the Deluxe Plan because the traffic on our website is over 100 visitors on weekdays. You should be fine with the Economy Plan and that should still give you more GB of transfer space than other hosting providers. If you sign a 12 month contract, then it will be 57 dollars. But, they often give further discounts when you purchase domain names or switch from another hosting provider. They also email additional 25% off codes about once a month.

We used on of these discount codes and also signed up for the 36 month commitment. The Deluxe Plan allows us to host multiple websites and we have www.BearWiseLandscapers.com there along with www.BearWise.com, www.BlackBearAgency.com, www.BearWiseQuotes.com, www.FloridaWC.com, www.GarageInsurance.com, and a few others. It is an even better value when you host multiple websites.

I also recommend that you call the different hosting companies before you sign up. You will see how easy GoDaddy is to talk to on the phone versus the other ones, especially overseas hosting companies. I went with a really cheap one before, but I got burned when there was a problem and I couldnít contact the people. I ended up losing the website domain at renewal and was very frustrated over it.

I hope that helps. Let us know what you decide to do. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm a huge fan of using wordpress.org as the software for managing websites as anyone can figure out how to create and edit pages. You can use a free template or hire someone to tweak or design one from scratch. Godaddy is a reliable webhost and their customer service rocks.

I looked up your business on google and didn't find anything. You should add it to google.com/local
Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I used godaddy.com to purchase our domain name (www.cascade-lawns.com) and I'm using Microsoft Office Live to to create the website and the hosting is free. Their web page design software is pretty good. It took me a while to figure a few things out like how to get our website to come up when you do a google search, and how to deal with metatags, but overall I'm happy with it. So the domain name was $15 for 2 years and the hosting and website are free! I think we did pretty good! We'll see how it pays off. Check it out if you're interested!