Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Vet934 Vet934 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pullman WA
Posts: 18
Solid Skid Tires

So does anyone out there know what the weight difference of solids is compared to pneumatic skid steer tires? On the Ag tractors we fill them with fluid to increase the weight, and I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience doing this on a skid steer. Obviously the more weight, the more stability and tractive effort, but i dont know much about these applications in regard to skid steers.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-19-2010, 02:25 PM
ksss's Avatar
ksss ksss is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rigby, Idaho
Posts: 6,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet934 View Post
So does anyone out there know what the weight difference of solids is compared to pneumatic skid steer tires? On the Ag tractors we fill them with fluid to increase the weight, and I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience doing this on a skid steer. Obviously the more weight, the more stability and tractive effort, but i dont know much about these applications in regard to skid steers.
My NU Air 12X16 are very heavy I think 300 pounds per tire, Mc Laren could say for sure. I thought the trucking company said the pallet weighed 1200 when I ordered them.
__________________
See us at www.kaiserskidsteer.com

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Vet934 Vet934 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pullman WA
Posts: 18
Ksss I am from your neck of the woods originally. About how much is a set of the Nu air?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-19-2010, 06:16 PM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,473
I have a set of 12x16.5 hulk tires and rims that weight 140 lbs each. Add at least 150-200 lbs for solid fill.
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-20-2010, 02:05 PM
ksss's Avatar
ksss ksss is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rigby, Idaho
Posts: 6,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet934 View Post
Ksss I am from your neck of the woods originally. About how much is a set of the Nu air?
I believe it was about 2,800.
__________________
See us at www.kaiserskidsteer.com

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Vet934 Vet934 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pullman WA
Posts: 18
so is there a local dealer in Id for those or did you have to order them in?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2010, 11:34 PM
ksss's Avatar
ksss ksss is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rigby, Idaho
Posts: 6,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet934 View Post
so is there a local dealer in Id for those or did you have to order them in?
I ordered them in.
__________________
See us at www.kaiserskidsteer.com

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.08558 seconds with 9 queries