Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-19-2010, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

11' superduty pricing

info on the pricing of the new superduties has been leaked apparently according to TruckTrend.

the new base model f250 will start at 28K, 2K more than the previous model. You get the all new awesome 6.2L V8, all new interior and the dash readout display.

and whats even nicer is that the 6.7L diesel will not increase in price from the 6.4L option of $6500

article:
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...ing/index.html

Old 02-19-2010, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Pic post fail.

Price sounds reasonable.

What's the HP/TQ rating on the 6.2? Are they putting basically the same Torqshift transmission behind it?

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i've been hearing rumors that they will be getting better mpg's, hope that rumor is true.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
Pic post fail.

Price sounds reasonable.

What's the HP/TQ rating on the 6.2? Are they putting basically the same Torqshift transmission behind it?
ford 6.2 horsepower - look at the second result

2011 ford torqshift - search through those

Google is your friend.

Cummins isn't spelled with a g!!!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

they havent released any power numbers for the 6.2L in the superduty and only speculated on the power ratings in the raptor. but since its slated to replace the v10 expect to see similar if not better numbers.

as for the torqshift its an all new 6 speed selectable trans like gm and dodge is offering. compared to gm and dodge, ford has alot more features (call em gimmicky if you want, but they are badazz) in their trucks. i own chevys and fords and had owned dodges in the past so im allowed to make that statement.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The 6.2L will be a good move to replace the 5.4L. I'm not interested in the new diesel for obvious reasons (urea injection, V8 design, twin turbos, etc - not to start anything!). However, the 5.4L was a good engine but was behind on the competition. The 6.2L should give the HEMI a run for its money. GM will more than likely increase the 6.0L V8 to 6.2L and put down similar power as the Denali/Escalade vehicles.

If Ford can match this engine properly to a six speed automatic, I'd think of picking one up. 11-12mpg is to be expected in real world driving anyway in the city. EPA regs will soon be testing HD trucks, forcing automakers toward smaller engines: F150 Ecoboost is a good example of something that'll happen to the HD line in the next five years.

I dont' care much for the interior trimmings. I consider the "XL" a base model, but every year more features are added from the XLT line and the price of the XL increases by $800/yr for minimal equipment. I think Ford should have a more extensive options list so they can lower the base price. We'll see!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I agree, all I want is one with a rubber floor, radio and A/C

Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
I agree, all I want is one with a rubber floor, radio and A/C
I agree. Thats all you need. I drive a '09 F250 XL diesel and the XL package doesn't bother me at all. Some people complain about not having power everything but its still a great truck.
Lesco application equipment

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I'm not interested in the new diesel for obvious reasons (urea injection, V8 design, twin turbos, etc - not to start anything!)
this is not a twin turbo diesel. its a twin compressor single turbo unit. this will be a fact of life for all new diesels. and the urea injection will only come into play when the motor is under load. at idle and light load the emissions are clean enough to pass epa regs without any added urea. when your towing or heading up a big hill and the motor needs more fuel thats when the urea kicks in to reduce emissions. the service intervals for urea will be around 5K miles.

Quote:
If Ford can match this engine properly to a six speed automatic, I'd think of picking one up.
fords auto is going to be the new 6 speed torqshift regardless of engine choice. its a selectable auto as well. the current 5 speed torqshifts are excellent and i dont see why the 6 speeds would be any different.

p.s. i currently own ford and chevy trucks and have owned dodges in the past. i feel like i have to make this statement every time to not start a war lol
Old 02-21-2010, 03:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPER MAN View Post
I agree. Thats all you need. I drive a '09 F250 XL diesel and the XL package doesn't bother me at all. Some people complain about not having power everything but its still a great truck.
Yeah I don't care about bare-bones interior, but the main reason I got the XLT was because I wanted the nice grille/headlights and wheels.

Quote: