Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center





 
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:22 PM
starry night's Avatar
starry night starry night is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio's North Coast
Posts: 2,093
FF for Walker grass boxes?

I've never figured out how to keep the grass from sticking so much to the inside of my Walker GHS boxes. Does anyone have any ACTUAL experience with using Fluid Film for that?
__________________
Phil Bauer
Starry Night Lighting


"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
  #2  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:46 PM
DLAWNS's Avatar
DLAWNS DLAWNS is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ocean County,New Jersey
Posts: 5,776
Yes. I use it in the hopper and it works great. Gotta reapply a little more than not. But it definitely does help. I even use it on the small bagger for my walkbehind and the grass slips out easier and keeps the rust under control too.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #3  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:59 PM
starry night's Avatar
starry night starry night is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio's North Coast
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Yes. I use it in the hopper and it works great. Gotta reapply a little more than not. But it definitely does help. I even use it on the small bagger for my walkbehind and the grass slips out easier and keeps the rust under control too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, DLAWNS. I'm glad someone replied that actually used it. I haven't used Fluid Film at all, yet. I am planning to get some for this season. I wasn't sure how it would work on the poly plastic of the Walker hopper.
Spray it on or brush it for this use?
__________________
Phil Bauer
Starry Night Lighting


"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
  #4  
Old 02-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Dano50's Avatar
Dano50 Dano50 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,782
Just so you know, when I respond to threads like these, I am using words given me by actual users. I don't want to send anybody erroneous information.
__________________
Check us out on FACEBOOK.
  #5  
Old 02-23-2010, 03:23 PM
DLAWNS's Avatar
DLAWNS DLAWNS is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ocean County,New Jersey
Posts: 5,776
I usually use the spray cans or more often than not the undercoating gun. I'm sure the brush would work just as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #6  
Old 02-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Lazer_Z's Avatar
Lazer_Z Lazer_Z is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Yes. I use it in the hopper and it works great. Gotta reapply a little more than not. But it definitely does help. I even use it on the small bagger for my walkbehind and the grass slips out easier and keeps the rust under control too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Now Bill, You know that if you bought a real catcher (Accelerator :cough: Accelerator :cough: lol) you wouldn't have to worry about rust ever.

I know I don't need to keep it from rusting, but I do spray mine with a coat of FF. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to clean out, I can literally peel the grass off of the inside.
__________________
Rob
  #7  
Old 02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
DLAWNS's Avatar
DLAWNS DLAWNS is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ocean County,New Jersey
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z View Post
Now Bill, You know that if you bought a real catcher (Accelerator :cough: Accelerator :cough: lol) you wouldn't have to worry about rust ever.

I know I don't need to keep it from rusting, but I do spray mine with a coat of FF. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to clean out, I can literally peel the grass off of the inside.
Haha yeah. I think mine's a grass gobbler, that accelerator catcher is serious though.
__________________
Bill Depierro
Depierro Lawns Inc.
29 years old
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
  #8  
Old 02-23-2010, 10:24 PM
SKYNYRD's Avatar
SKYNYRD SKYNYRD is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brewster NY 10509
Posts: 10,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtandhoops View Post
Thanks, DLAWNS. I'm glad someone replied that actually used it. I haven't used Fluid Film at all, yet. I am planning to get some for this season. I wasn't sure how it would work on the poly plastic of the Walker hopper.
Spray it on or brush it for this use?
to say you haven't used fluid film is like saying you've never breathed! fluid film is every bit as important to survival as oxygen, food and, water
  #9  
Old 02-23-2010, 10:26 PM
SKYNYRD's Avatar
SKYNYRD SKYNYRD is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brewster NY 10509
Posts: 10,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Haha yeah. I think mine's a grass gobbler, that accelerator catcher is serious though.
i have an accelorator for my bop, the thing weighs a ton empty
  #10  
Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 PM
starry night's Avatar
starry night starry night is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio's North Coast
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYNYRD View Post
to say you haven't used fluid film is like saying you've never breathed! fluid film is every bit as important to survival as oxygen, food and, water
Looking at this forum, FF sure has its devotees.
Strangely, I know of no landscaper in my area that uses it although the local John Deere implement dealer stocks it -- must be the farmers that use it.
__________________
Phil Bauer
Starry Night Lighting


"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.10049 seconds with 9 queries