Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2010, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Unless there is some type of productivity improvement between the machine you have and a newer one, I don't know what reason there would be to trade for what you already have. Other than you will start over on payments. If the M will make you more money than I would get it. There will likely be bugs, there always are. Would there be any gamebreaker type problems? I doubt that. Bobcat needs to get this series right, they cant afford to muff this one. I am sure a lot of time and money has been spent ensuring a smooth intro with these machines.
How many of the old series are sitting around yet? That has to be a problem slowing the rollout of the new series. I sat in a new Bobcat and while nice thought it was to high tech.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
How many of the old series are sitting around yet? That has to be a problem slowing the rollout of the new series. I sat in a new Bobcat and while nice thought it was to high tech.
They don't have any here yet, honestly I don't know that the dealer will last long enough to see them here. They are clinging to life......barely. Like everyone else I guess. Bobcat does not have a big following out here but it would be a bad deal if they go out. The BC guys will have no service for their machines.

I don't understand their rollout on these machines. I don't think it is a problem with the machines because they are doing the same with the excavators. Rolling out a few models at a time. Maybe not all of the machines are ready for prime time and so they are releasing the machines as they are ready. Or the inventories of the old machines is still so high that if they release the new machines they will have to give away the old series. This maybe the case since it was well known that BC built way more machines than they needed prior to the sale of the company to increase its value.

They may see a backlash from this strategy. If I am interested in a BC, particularily a machine they have not replaced with the M series yet. How long am I going to wait? I sure wont buy an old series. Since everyone has recently updated their machines, a customer looking for a machine has some great updated machines to consider. If I am looking to replace a machine and BC wont release their latest and greatest, well I guess they just lose out. The dedicated BC guy will likely wait but even then not forever. The longer they take to complete the ushering in of the M the more they erode their customer base. IMHO.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking BC dealers do not want to have big inventories until something happens with this economy. I think Bobcat is doing the same thing with releasing new M-series models. We would stock around 80 units, now down to about 30 units.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
Bobcat definitely got the m series right.
I was shown a few issues with the machine but they are all easily fixed. I liked the walk around. Didn't get to operate it but I really liked the setup and layout of just about everything. Not sure how I felt about the couplers being built into the lift arms but I imagine the local dealers will make a protection package for the guys who work with trees or demo.

The medium frame machines are heavy and have a short wheelbase like the old 863 did. I tore up less ground and seemed to get stuck less when I had an 863.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-23-2010, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
and BC wont release their latest and greatest, well I guess they just lose out. The dedicated BC guy will likely wait but even then not forever. The longer they take to complete the ushering in of the M the more they erode their customer base. IMHO.
I was promised something was coming out in early '08. That never happened so I went with CAT then back to Bobcat but even when I bought my s330 in July '08, I was told that by year's end Bobcat would have the updated large frame machine i wanted for mulching. I waited and waited but nothing. Still nothing. I'm looking at a T320 but after seeing the M series comparison to the K series, I'm wondering if it's worth it since the new machines are supposed to be that much more efficient in the hydraulic system. Then again, I'm satisfied with all aspects of my s330 other than traction.. not sure what to do or if I should wait.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If I trade - dealer is working numbers cuz he thinks he may have mine sold - I have the - lossing my memory - hand controls and foot controls - can't think what they call it - anyway - i like the hands control better than foot controls and i told hime I wanted piliot controls if I get a different machine - he called them case/cat controls - so to those with more insight on this controls - is there something i should / not know about them - to get or not - thoughts please. ISO controls maybe????
Old 02-23-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
If I trade - dealer is working numbers cuz he thinks he may have mine sold - I have the - lossing my memory - hand controls and foot controls - can't think what they call it - anyway - i like the hands control better than foot controls and i told hime I wanted piliot controls if I get a different machine - he called them case/cat controls - so to those with more insight on this controls - is there something i should / not know about them - to get or not - thoughts please. ISO controls maybe????
I would assume he means the BC E/H controls which allows you to switch the hand controls from CASE (H) to CAT (ISO). Given my experience with BC controls systems, that would be my preference. I don't think BC ever really mastered this system in the current series but its much better than the AHC and foot controls option. You might want to jump in any machine that they have on hand with this system and see what you think. Like I said its not great but you get used to the delay and lack of feel.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Lack of feel - is there really that much to make a difference?? I have not ran others besides owning case before this S205. I still like the case controls but I got used to BC.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bobcats e/h controls are a lot better then they used to be trust me on that. But im a hand and foot control guy. But for my next machine im thinking about going with the pilots