Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2010, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidsteerman View Post
As Deere named it... the "Anti-Work" valve
Aw don't take all the credit... Bobcat called it that, too. (just not publicly)
Old 02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Deere salesmen are starting to look like a bunch of used car salesmen on this site. Trying every little tactic or gimmick to make their product look better than the rest. Get some class please!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereMan85 View Post
The CTL initiated the movement: no help from the tractor. They used this at the D-Series intro for a fun demonstration. Let's not overanalyze it.
I'm not going to throw the Deere guys under the bus for this as DeereMan85 said it best in his quote.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I guess you guys have never seen the guy pulling a Boeing 747 by himself ?

So that means that guy is stronger than that machine?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
Deere salesmen are starting to look like a bunch of used car salesmen on this site. Trying every little tactic or gimmick to make their product look better than the rest. Get some class please!
I don't think a Deere salesman posted this video link thread up.

If your referring to my comment about the anti-work valve nick name, understand I did not mention the brand of said nick name belonged to. However, I'm quite sure you can find threads on this site asking how to adjust said valve so the unit WILL at least preform. I did not initiate the comment about the anti-work valve either, just stated what one of the Deere guys nick named it. I don't follow how this has anything to do with the class of someone.

I could go on how one of the Deere guys nicked named a couple different brand track drive sprocket a Squirrel cage / hamster wheel and a couple different brand CTL idler pulleys Pizza cutters. Do these things offended you in some manor? They are not intended to, they are just intended for humor. I'm sure the competitors have nick names for things on the Deere machines and if I heard them I would more then likely laugh about them as well.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have pushed tractor trailers around in the snow with my t200 bobcat. I have no idea how much weight they had in the trailer and obviously the tractor was spinning its wheels too. I just went behind the trailer and pick up a bit on it and away we went. I have done it numerous times because I plow at a large warehouse location. Never had a power problem doing it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereMan85 View Post
The CTL initiated the movement: no help from the tractor. They used this at the D-Series intro for a fun demonstration. Let's not overanalyze it.
Saw it too. Others may can do it, but funny thing is none of them ever market their product this way. Just sayin.......
Old 02-24-2010, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidsteerman View Post
I don't think a Deere salesman posted this video link thread up.

If your referring to my comment about the anti-work valve nick name, understand I did not mention the brand of said nick name belonged to. However, I'm quite sure you can find threads on this site asking how to adjust said valve so the unit WILL at least preform. I did not initiate the comment about the anti-work valve either, just stated what one of the Deere guys nick named it. I don't follow how this has anything to do with the class of someone.

I could go on how one of the Deere guys nicked named a couple different brand track drive sprocket a Squirrel cage / hamster wheel and a couple different brand CTL idler pulleys Pizza cutters. Do these things offended you in some manor? They are not intended to, they are just intended for humor. I'm sure the competitors have nick names for things on the Deere machines and if I heard them I would more then likely laugh about them as well.
I remember when we had plastic engine side covers and the competitors would tell customers to come down here and tap on them...LOL...I would take them off on run over it with my truck and show them how the did not break.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Not impressed, the scrapers weren't even making a cut... jk!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSKIDSTEER View Post
Saw it too. Others may can do it, but funny thing is none of them ever market their product this way. Just sayin.......
I wouldn't say that nobody has done something like this. I know ASV even produced a video of their PT80 pulliing a chain and a scale against all of the other 80hp CTLs. I can't remember the exact numbers but I think the PT80 pulled the same amount as the 332 even though it weighed over 1500lbs less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYT8lQN6YU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--4p4...response_watch