Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2010, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtread View Post
how to build a mesh ramp for my trailer
Gtread, would you mind telling me where you found those instructions or plans? Sounds like you might have gotten them from one of these LawnSite forums. I made a mistake when I bought my trailer several years ago, because I didn't get one with a ramp. Since I'm just a homeowner and I knew I would seldom be using it, I thought the tilt operation would be good enough for loading/unloading my ZTR. But it turns out to be pretty klutzy so I have been using a couple of 2x12 boards to drive the machine on and off. That works, but it's 's not too swift either, so I'd like to add a hinged ramp. I had looked for plans to do that, but never found any. If you have one, I'd like to see it or be told of a company that would sell me what I want.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Member

LarryF: I did not find plans for a ramp, but did a lot of web search's of pictures of existing mesh ramp setups and figured out how much support I needed, and how to attach the ramp to the trailer. mesh is expensive I paid $85.00 for a 4x8ft sheet, used junk bed rails and junk 1x3" tubing for bottom support and frame. Size is determined by height and width of your trailer. paint it up in black and she looks pretty good, and works great. sorry I dont have pictures.
Does help to have a large scrap collection to work with. I am a pack rat. gtread