Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-25-2010, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat'nSTL View Post
ya I know but we do not really have the money to rent attachments right now because it is all going into the house.
The time you save by renting a grapple bucket to load the dumpster will make it worth the money spent!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat'nSTL View Post
ya I know but we do not really have the money to rent attachments right now because it is all going into the house.
Lets think about it this way..

Lets say instead of cutting all the lumber and crap yall are goin to need with a 7 1/4 saw or a miter box, you use a hand saw made for cutting limbs.. Cause you didnt have the money.. But in the long run, all the crappy cuts and time spent making those cuts cost you money.

If your goin to do something, just do it right. Besides, attachment rental is usually pretty cheap compared to machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats why theres fewer and fewer good operators anymore everybody is spoiled with their fancy tools they think they need. Don't get me wrong there is a time and place for grapples, thumbs and breakers, but as they say poors people have poor ways and run what you brun. All I own is forks and bucket and I would clean it all it with a bucket, plus if the foundation is good you can use it to push the last little bit up against to load. Plus the pics Krazy Cajan has of cleaning of the shed, I've done the same thing tearing down garages with just forks. But then after watching your videos I'm wore out just watching.

Maybe next time instead of the cost of a grapple, cost of double-triple handling the stuff, dangers of piles setting around plus job looks like sh**t with trash piled up you could save that money and put towards a dumpster for couples weeks while you demo.

I'd also hate to pay the dump fee on that one with all the dirt, cinders and brick it looks like you have mixed in. Maybe get access to the 337 with thumb if you wanted.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have enough help and don't wanna spend the money to rent a grapple or a 4 in 1 then I would say load the bucket you have the best you can and then have some of the other help finish loading the bucket by hand. Its a cheaper solution than renting anything and you get everyone involved that way, nobody will feel left out haha.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatexc View Post
Thats why theres fewer and fewer good operators anymore everybody is spoiled with their fancy tools they think they need. Don't get me wrong there is a time and place for grapples, thumbs and breakers, but as they say poors people have poor ways and run what you brun. All I own is forks and bucket and I would clean it all it with a bucket, plus if the foundation is good you can use it to push the last little bit up against to load. Plus the pics Krazy Cajan has of cleaning of the shed, I've done the same thing tearing down garages with just forks. But then after watching your videos I'm wore out just watching.

Maybe next time instead of the cost of a grapple, cost of double-triple handling the stuff, dangers of piles setting around plus job looks like sh**t with trash piled up you could save that money and put towards a dumpster for couples weeks while you demo.

I'd also hate to pay the dump fee on that one with all the dirt, cinders and brick it looks like you have mixed in. Maybe get access to the 337 with thumb if you wanted.

While I agree with the general premise, I thought the exact same thing. The material was not broken down before throwing it in the dumpster. I break everything down as small as possible. Saves a ton of truck time.

It would be foolish to do that with a set forks and bucket without any additional equipment. I don't think that is a reflection on whether the operator is good or not. You certainly could, but a grapple bucket is cheap and would triple at a min. productivity. While not many can afford every conceivable tool available for a skid steer, some tools are a necessity especially if you only have a skid steer as your primary piece. Dirt bucket, pallet forks and a grapple bucket are must haves IMHO.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. The amount of labour, time, and fuel saved using a grapple bucket would pay for one pretty quick. They can be had for pretty cheap at auctions, or second hand from rental stores.

A.E.L

Land Clearing, Grinding services, Mulch Production, Excavating, Grading

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 02-25-2010, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Like I said KSSS, yes grapple would be nice, put by the time you spent picking up and returning the attachment you could have that one little pile cleaned up and done, theres not that much big stuff in it from the looks of it. KSSS you do enough demo and cleanup to justify a grapple but I can't for no more that I do, plus last time I tried to rent a grapple bucket no body around me had one, not even my bobcat dealer.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatexc View Post
Like I said KSSS, yes grapple would be nice, put by the time you spent picking up and returning the attachment you could have that one little pile cleaned up and done, theres not that much big stuff in it from the looks of it. KSSS you do enough demo and cleanup to justify a grapple but I can't for no more that I do, plus last time I tried to rent a grapple bucket no body around me had one, not even my bobcat dealer.

Point taken.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Works great for what we do. Don't own a grapple bucket combo, but then again I'm not afraid to climb out of a machine and throw things into it by hand.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaping 4 Life View Post

Works great for what we do. Don't own a grapple bucket combo, but then again I'm not afraid to climb out of a machine and throw things into it by hand.

I do, almost a phobia.