Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-27-2010, 02:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Is this 2001 hino fb roll off a good buy?

hello everybody,

thank you first of all for taking the time in reading this thread.

I am in the market for medium duty roll off hook lift truck. Unfortunately i am located in vancouver bc and to come across a used hooklift truck or even cable roll off is extreamly rare. I am looking into this hino roll off listed here

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ186943124

is this truck a good buy ? i mean i been looking into new hooklift systems or even cable systems and they run from $18k -$24k brand new installed base systems. Bins starts @ about $2700 - $3500 for 5-15 yarders
and this trucks offers full truck and hooklift system for $21500. Unfortunately am not able to find any info on the hooklift system on the truck (Kwik load hooklift systems), nothing on google.

I have a budget to start off a small mini bin company of about $35000 hoping that i can get a medium duty with gvw of 18k lbs and up to 26k lbs and 5 roll off bins.

thank you to everybody that will reading my post and quoting any adviceis or suggestions you may have cheers!
Old 02-27-2010, 03:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Have you gone bonkers no offence but the Vancouver market is flooded with bin services and the construction taking a major dive your going to struggle. If you want to be in the junk business run a truck with a dump box and load the truck yourself. Search craigslist for Junk Removal or even google Junk Removal for Vancouver the market is flooded.

There was a member here started a mini bin service and I think he is having a tough go at it. Here is his website.

www.minibins.com
Old 02-27-2010, 04:10 AM
LawnSite Member

hi Gravel Rat

thank you for the quick response. I have not gone bonkers hehe but i do appreciate your direct no bs assesment. We are a disposal company already doing what you have suggested and are thinking about expanding into bins we do have a demand for them from our existing customers asking if we do that either. We are not planning to go big but just wanting to have a medium size truck that can do the regular pickups with the option of dropping off bins to our customers too when requested =)

to gravel rat: do you think this is a good buy though ? given the kms and where it is originated from ?

Last edited by studentworksdisposal; 02-27-2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: correcting grammar
Old 02-27-2010, 04:24 AM
LawnSite Member

It is a long way to get a truck and its from Quebec its probably has a decent amount of road salt rust in it.

Your other cheaper option is go with a Switch and Go the dealer for B.C. is on the Island I think.

There is a few members here that have them and like them. I would take a Switch and Go over a hooklift.

Hooklifts are okay I guess they add alot of weight to the truck and they are expensive as you have found out.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:33 AM
LawnSite Member

price difference between the two ? i looked into apliroll and multilift over here in vancouver and they are not cheap
falcon equipment quoted me around 21 k plus taxes for base system not including any tarping system or tool boxes

and fort fab quoted me arond the same price for ampliroll

if i can get into a switch and go for about 15k i would be a happy camper !